PDA

View Full Version : SOS button

mleerob
05-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Not in the manual.

Have read that it is a good thing to push the button once to be sure it works.
Drivers have reported being stranded,and then finding out that the SOS button is not on, activated, or in working order.

ALso read it's not like calling 911, to see if that works.

I'm testing mine tonight on drive home.

grateful1
05-07-2010, 02:27 PM
This is in your manual. It starts talking about it on page 210 of your paperback manual or page 212 of the .pdf version of the manual.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Owner/OwnersManualVideos.aspx?enc=jb6IKoqBm0s21kIJmjYLv8 ghClaHZhEl4xcUSc6w/Ho=

mleerob
05-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Manual does not guarantee it's in working order.

BLUE550
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
When I bought mine, I was told to activate it, which involved talking to an agent on the other end.

grateful1
05-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Not in the manual.

I guess I don't know why you even made this comment in the first place if all you were trying to comment on was the fact that it maybe a good idea to test the fact that the SOS button was in good working order.

Have read that it is a good thing to push the button once to be sure it works.

+1

I'm testing mine tonight on drive home.

Good idea

When I bought mine, I was told to activate it, which involved talking to an agent on the other end.

Me too.

Manual does not guarantee it's in working order.
I agree. But were you just trying to preface the fact that the question that you were bringing up was that it was not in the manual? I guess I don't see the point.

Anyhow, you are right, the manual doesn't tell you to do a test. I guess in my experience one of the very first things the dealer told me to do when I bought the car was to make an acquaintance call by pressing the SOS button to ensure that it connected with BMW Assist.

x3ronnie
05-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Press the button. Nuff said.

Billd104
05-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I press my SOS button quarterly and after every servie visit that requires reprogramming.