PDA

View Full Version : M5 electronic problem

saintm5
05-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I have a problem with my M5. Navigation monitor going off from time to time while driving, along with my stereo (CD and radio) system. Everything just frieze - can not even eject Cd from the changer. After living a car for about 15-20 min everything coming back to normal.
It happened first last week, when I was going to dialer to pick up y brothers X6, so I asked them at dealership, but they said it is not something fast to fix and I will have to make an appointment (nearest BMW dealership is 4 hr away from my home:))
Yesterday it become really annoying: I start the car, everything going off in 5 min. I stop the car everything coming back to normal. Today hole day everything was normal.
Did any one have something similar???????What could be wrong????:dunno:

saintm5
05-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Could it be just fuses?????????

Nube1kenobi
05-08-2010, 04:55 PM
They possibly need to reprogram your CCC-CHAMPS.

JaviM5driver
05-09-2010, 01:15 AM
My navigation and stereo went complete out, and my gauges start going crazy up and down and I lost my visual MPH electronic gauge that reflects from the windsheild. My only guess is an electrical problem if anybody has any input that would be cool?

Nube1kenobi
05-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Water in trunk fried your MULF? Is the SOS disabled warning light on? It may only need to be reprogrammed...

saintm5
05-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Yep, I forgot to mention that when it is happening, my head up display showing me "SOS malfunction" message. So I guess, I just need a reprogramming. Hope it will solve the problem.
Nube1kenobi thanks for your replay.:thumbup:

Nube1kenobi
05-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Yep, I forgot to mention that when it is happening, my head up display showing me "SOS malfunction" message. So I guess, I just need a reprogramming. Hope it will solve the problem.
Nube1kenobi thanks for your replay.:thumbup:

That changes the diagnosis a tad... try this SIB.

JaviM5driver
05-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Awsome' I just signed up and I appreciate the quik response. Thanx Nubi

fleainat
05-11-2010, 05:22 PM
The same thing happened in my 550i, and the dealer kept "resetting" the nav, but the problem kept happening. The solution that finally worked was when they replaced the "computer" of the nav, which the service advisor told me is behind the DVD drive (or maybe it is the DVD drive itself?)... Good luck!

saintm5
05-12-2010, 08:09 AM
How much did it cost? To replace hole computer

fleainat
05-12-2010, 11:34 AM
How much did it cost? To replace hole computer

It was luckily under the factory warranty, but I think it was around $3k. The dealer had to send a video of the problem to Germany to prove the problem existed. It got to the point where the nav was restarting every time I drove over a bump, or pressed the A/C button, or randomly every minute or 2. Got to be very annoying, since they tried repairing the nav more than 5 times...

Resulting in a lemon -- the dealer bought the car back, unfortunately.

saintm5
05-29-2010, 03:49 PM
They finally replaced my CCC-unit. It solved the problem. It would cost me like 1300$ but luckily I got mine for free)))))))))))))))

Nube1kenobi
05-29-2010, 08:30 PM
They finally replaced my CCC-unit. It solved the problem. It would cost me like 1300$ but luckily I got mine for free)))))))))))))))

So it was not just the software but the actual hardware module. :thumbup: Warranty is great. :)

saintm5
05-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Actually my warranty is expired. That was a goodwill from vista becouse of my birthday and a service advizor is a great man. However I spent 800$ for diagnostic an full service including spurk plugs chenge.

Just Bryce
05-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Before deciding you have a major malfunction, start with the easiest possible cause. Low battery voltage can wreak havoc on your computerized systems. Once you have determined that the battery is absolutely not the problem, start looking elsewhere. :)

saintm5
05-30-2010, 03:17 PM
I wish it was just a battery. I have checked my battery right the same sec I'v got the problem at first place. Actually one friend of mine happened to live in Germany and he was working at bosh, so he told me that to reprogram ccc - you only need to take off your battery for 12 hrs. So I ve tryed that as well. Did not help. But now everything is tip top)))))) very happy. Love this car