PDA

View Full Version : Question about tires and lease turn in....

jmsod
05-08-2010, 05:59 PM
My lease is up in November. I am in need of two new rear tires. My car came with the Dunlop SP Sport runflats, but on Tirerack they are $400+ per tire. Does the car have to be turned in with OEM tires? Or just tires with good tread left on them?
If the latter, what is a good, relatively inexpensive sport tire. Please, before anyone flames me for seeking "cheap" tires, we are closing on a new house in a few weeks and my priorities have changed.... at least for the time being.

Kzang
05-08-2010, 06:38 PM
You have to return it with OEM tires. With that said.. it would be cheaper from my experience to turn it in without replacing the tires and have BMW bill you.

njlou
05-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Look on craig's list etc. for some good used ones.
most drivers hate them and dump them early.

DWill
05-08-2010, 08:16 PM
My 07 X3 needed tires when I turned it in March. My CA td me the that I could turn it in with the tires on it and the dealer has the ability to "wave" the tire charge. Which I did and they did.

Prior to that I talked tied to BMW. They said I could turn it with the existing tires and be bled for new tires, or, I could put any new tire on it but all four tires had to be the same make and model.

But as I said I turned it in "as is" and the dealer waived the tire charge.

jmsod
05-08-2010, 08:46 PM
My 07 X3 needed tires when I turned it in March. My CA td me the that I could turn it in with the tires on it and the dealer has the ability to "wave" the tire charge. Which I did and they did.

Prior to that I talked tied to BMW. They said I could turn it with the existing tires and be bled for new tires, or, I could put any new tire on it but all four tires had to be the same make and model.

But as I said I turned it in "as is" and the dealer waived the tire charge.

See photo....

JerseyGeorge
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
You don't have to turn a car in with OEM tires but you can't replace two with non run flats while the other tires are run-flats. I would first check with the dealer and schedule an end of lease inspection so you know exactly where you stand. Don't let the dealer bill you for tires that I'm sure you can get cheaper than what they charge!