PDA

View Full Version : 2007 530i -- CD not working

corylove
05-10-2010, 11:12 AM
All...fairly new to this thread and really need some assistance. I have a 2007 530i CPO with about 67K miles. Bought it late Nov 2009. Really nice car in all however, I have an issue with the CD player. It's the in-dash single disc version(not the changer). I use it ocassionally--2-3 times per week and when I went to use it last week nothing happened. I can't even eject the disc thats in it. The problem started with the player showing the tracks but would not respond to the eject or skip buttons(would not play or show track times). When you hit the eject button, after about 5 seconds a message states to "wait until CD is ejected"--but it never ejected. No sound or noises from unit either. I took it to the dealer for a brief analysis and the SA explained that the unit(Cd player) is probably dead. He suggested that on occasion you can reboot the system by removing the neg batter cable for about 30 minutes after the car goes to sleep and upon reapplying the battery cable the unit will reboot and might wake up the CD Player. I was a bit weary about this approach as I have read various threads that doing this might render the car useless and require reprogramming. Is this true? So, I did the next best thing and one-by-one removed the fuses associated with audio. After doing so, the CD player Icon is no longer highlighted. So, the questions are:

1.) Is this an indication that the CD player toast--if so, how hard is it to replace and est cost ?
2.) Is this a pre-cursor to more bad things to come ?
3.) Can I try to reboot the I-Drive system and not have to have the car reprogrammed ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Car details:
-2007 530I with I-drive
-no nav/dvd
-Standard stereo(no logic 7).

corylove
05-10-2010, 09:54 PM
What? no response from anybody on this ? I must have asked a really hard question.

Any responses to the questions I originally posted would be appreciated. Most importantly about the disconnecting of the negative terminal on the battery to "reboot" the Idrive.

Thanks in advance.

corylove
05-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Crazy thing just happened. I was driving down the road listening to the radio and all of a sudden the CD player started playing--I did not even hit any buttons or try to use the CD player. I ejected the CD and put in another one and it still works.

Billd104
05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
All...fairly new to this thread and really need some assistance. I have a 2007 530i CPO with about 67K miles. Bought it late Nov 2009. Really nice car in all however, I have an issue with the CD player. It's the in-dash single disc version(not the changer). I use it ocassionally--2-3 times per week and when I went to use it last week nothing happened. I can't even eject the disc thats in it. The problem started with the player showing the tracks but would not respond to the eject or skip buttons(would not play or show track times). When you hit the eject button, after about 5 seconds a message states to "wait until CD is ejected"--but it never ejected. No sound or noises from unit either. I took it to the dealer for a brief analysis and the SA explained that the unit(Cd player) is probably dead. He suggested that on occasion you can reboot the system by removing the neg batter cable for about 30 minutes after the car goes to sleep and upon reapplying the battery cable the unit will reboot and might wake up the CD Player. I was a bit weary about this approach as I have read various threads that doing this might render the car useless and require reprogramming. Is this true? So, I did the next best thing and one-by-one removed the fuses associated with audio. After doing so, the CD player Icon is no longer highlighted. So, the questions are:

1.) Is this an indication that the CD player toast--if so, how hard is it to replace and est cost ?
2.) Is this a pre-cursor to more bad things to come ?
3.) Can I try to reboot the I-Drive system and not have to have the car reprogrammed ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Car details:
-2007 530I with I-drive
-no nav/dvd
-Standard stereo(no logic 7).

What? no response from anybody on this ? I must have asked a really hard question.

Any responses to the questions I originally posted would be appreciated. Most importantly about the disconnecting of the negative terminal on the battery to "reboot" the Idrive.

Thanks in advance.

Crazy thing just happened. I was driving down the road listening to the radio and all of a sudden the CD player started playing--I did not even hit any buttons or try to use the CD player. I ejected the CD and put in another one and it still works.

Hi Cory... This thread must have slipped under the radar for some reason. :) I think that there may be an issue with the CD unit itself however i-drive has been known to have some "issues" from time to time. I'm not sure what the procedure for resetting i-drive in a non nav car is. Mine has nav and it's press the CD and DVD eject buttons and hold then press the volume mute button. The system resets. Perhaps yours is the same minus the DVD eject button?