PDA

View Full Version : Front bumper re-alignment cost?

BLUE550
05-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Hi guys,

Upon more thorough inspection, I found out that my CPO car has a mis-aligned front bumper. It seems like when the dealer took the front bumper out to repaint / touch up, they didn't put it back properly.

How much does the re-alignment cost? I am guessing that they must take it out and put it back again. Since the dealer I bought from is too far away that they are offering me some money, but I doubt that it can be covered by the amount they are suggesting.

Will be taking my car to the local dealership for the estimates, but wondering if any festers have some idea on this.

jeffbtx
05-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi guys,

Upon more thorough inspection, I found out that my CPO car has a mis-aligned front bumper. It seems like when the dealer took the front bumper out to repaint / touch up, they didn't put it back properly.

How much does the re-alignment cost? I am guessing that they must take it out and put it back again. Since the dealer I bought from is too far away that they are offering me some money, but I doubt that it can be covered by the amount they are suggesting.

Will be taking my car to the local dealership for the estimates, but wondering if any festers have some idea on this.BMW CPO Warranty is "backed by a nationwide network of BMW centers" so why are you concerned about going back to the selling dealer? What does you local delaer say?

mleerob
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi guys,

Will be taking my car to the local dealership for the estimates, but wondering if any festers have some idea on this.

Drive it to the closest BMW dealer.
They will repair this at N/C.
I'm never going back to the out of state dealer I purchased my car from.

BLUE550
05-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't think it's covered by warranty. The selling dealer says that they can do it for free but since they are too far away that I don't want to drive down and up again, they are saying that they will reimburse the cost.

Am going to take it in but wanted to check what to expect. I think it's out of pocket thing?

jeffbtx
05-10-2010, 01:54 PM
I don't think it's covered by warranty. The selling dealer says that they can do it for free but since they are too far away that I don't want to drive down and up again, they are saying that they will reimburse the cost.

Am going to take it in but wanted to check what to expect. I think it's out of pocket thing?
There's a box on the CPO certification that deals with front bumper - what did the dealer check or say in the box? If he checked that it was OK and there's no damage to the bumper I'm not sure why a BMW dealer wouldn't fix. Do you have a copy of the CPO certification? Good luck.

BLUE550
05-10-2010, 02:53 PM
There's a box on the CPO certification that deals with front bumper - what did the dealer check or say in the box? If he checked that it was OK and there's no damage to the bumper I'm not sure why a BMW dealer wouldn't fix. Do you have a copy of the CPO certification? Good luck.

Good call. It says it's okay but obviously the definition of "OKAY" is debatable. Let me talk to the dealer and see what can be done.

BLUE550
05-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Hmm. Dealer is saying that it's not covered under the warranty. The dealer who CPOed my car took out the front bumper and repainted. But when it did, it didn't do a good job. Also it is suspected that perhaps it was in a accident that the bumper itself is deformed.

He told me to take it to a body-shop in order to "attempt" to realign it and he's not optimistic that it can be done like a new one.

I was also told that it's still within the CPO guideline.

The dealer who sold is is claiming that they can fix everything for free but they are 350 miles away and I doubt that they can actually "fix" it and that they are willing to replace the bumper.

jeffbtx
05-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Hmm. Dealer is saying that it's not covered under the warranty. The dealer who CPOed my car took out the front bumper and repainted. But when it did, it didn't do a good job. Also it is suspected that perhaps it was in a accident that the bumper itself is deformed.

He told me to take it to a body-shop in order to "attempt" to realign it and he's not optimistic that it can be done like a new one.

I was also told that it's still within the CPO guideline.

The dealer who sold is is claiming that they can fix everything for free but they are 350 miles away and I doubt that they can actually "fix" it and that they are willing to replace the bumper.If it really bothers you (it would me) then I'd take a road trip and get the selling dealer to fix or replace. Sounds like selling dealer has prior knowledge of the issue if they were so quick to say they would fix it. Good luck.

jagu
05-11-2010, 10:41 AM

In that case, flat bed the car there and then flat bed it back when they are done and rent a car for a couple of days on their dime too.