PDA

View Full Version : Sound System Question

sgnden
05-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Another question from a guy whose last BMW was an e28 535is...bot on a stinkin mission to find the right 2007 550i now! (and trying not to get aggravated with dealers)

If the example I find does NOT have Logic7, can you put a TOP audio system (aftermarket) in these things without messing-up the crazy systems on-board in these things?

That is, without spending more that maybe $1k? (no idea what it should cost)

Sorry for the lame question...if it is. ;^)

GolferEngineer
05-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I haven't seen any one add on to get Logic7-like sound in over 4 years!
Try to get it if you can - it is worth the $$$

mleerob
05-10-2010, 12:33 PM
You can get an upgraded AMP as well as plug n play speakers, from a site sponsor.
From what I have read, it all works well with the current system you have now.

WillInDenver
05-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Another question from a guy whose last BMW was an e28 535is...bot on a stinkin mission to find the right 2007 550i now! (and trying not to get aggravated with dealers)

If the example I find does NOT have Logic7, can you put a TOP audio system (aftermarket) in these things without messing-up the crazy systems on-board in these things?

That is, without spending more that maybe $1k? (no idea what it should cost)

Sorry for the lame question...if it is. ;^)You can upgrade, but you probably won't make a large impact for less than $1K, especially if you need help with the install. The largest shortcoming of the standard audio system is the amplifier, which is hideously underpowered.

We got into this a little more in this thread (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376649&highlight=blaupunkt+bavarian) - check it out and PM me with amy questions.

mleerob
05-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Agree, the shortcomings of the system is the amp. A website sponsor sells an upgraded amp,as well as plung n play speakers.
It can get expensive.