PDA

View Full Version : Any Seller Anywhere...

sgnden
05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Well, since my local dealers (3 big stores) here in Denver have not been able to come-up with a great '07 550i...and the one I am looking at now does not have Logic7 or Cold Weather Pkg...I am looking at any dealer (or non-dealer maybe) in the USA.

However - A recommendation to any specific dealer whom you think is especially great to work with (no games) would be reallllly appreciated!

Any ideas?

Man, looking forward to finding the RIGHT car soon! This gets old for sure.

WillInDenver
05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately we don't see a lot of the RWD V8s here in Denver. When I got mine, an '05 545 that I bought in '07, it was one of only three in the State. I had to do without Logic 7, which led to my relatively extensive upgrade money and time pit you read about elsewhere. Lots of 535ix around though.

For purposes of selection, I recommend the Dallas dealers. It's a real car town and I have to imagine there are lots of CPO 550i vehicles down there. It might be a tolerable drive to pick up a new car.

sgnden
05-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately we don't see a lot of the RWD V8s here in Denver. When I got mine, an '05 545 that I bought in '07, it was one of only three in the State. I had to do without Logic 7, which led to my relatively extensive upgrade money and time pit you read about elsewhere. Lots of 535ix around though.

For purposes of selection, I recommend the Dallas dealers. It's a real car town and I have to imagine there are lots of CPO 550i vehicles down there. It might be a tolerable drive to pick up a new car.

Thanks WJ. Yeah, I picked-up my A6 4.2 sport in Dallas just because they sold it at about $3k lower than the closest deal here in Audi-ville (Boulder).

Thanks for the input!

Summer's coming...isn't it?

S

WillInDenver
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Summer's coming...isn't it?Eventually? I'm in Douglas County - we might get 8 to 18 inches of snow tomorrow night and Wednesday. Happily, I will be out of town.

sgnden
05-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Eventually? I'm in Douglas County - we might get 8 to 18 inches of snow tomorrow night and Wednesday. Happily, I will be out of town.

Yeah...crazy year. Dear 'ol Mom lives out in Parker...I am sure she's bracing to call allof the kids and report on the storm!

Do you drive your BMW during the Winter?

I have been here my whole life and certainly am not bothered by the idea (with a few notable exceptions of course)...would certainly have a second set of more "snow appropriate" wheels and tires for the Winter. Just curious how it works for ya on the occasionally snowy roadways.

SG

WillInDenver
05-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah...crazy year. Dear 'ol Mom lives out in Parker...I am sure she's bracing to call allof the kids and report on the storm!

Do you drive your BMW during the Winter?

I have been here my whole life and certainly am not bothered by the idea (with a few notable exceptions of course)...would certainly have a second set of more "snow appropriate" wheels and tires for the Winter. Just curious how it works for ya on the occasionally snowy roadways.

SGI do have a second set of wheels with snow tires on them, which I keep on pretty much November 15th - April 15th. The car has been fine in the snow with the snow tires and, as you suggest, it really doesn't get that bad that often around here. I also have an Explorer for trips up the hill and in the rare occasion it gets really deep. My wife has an XC70.

I know a good supplier of OEM BMW wheels if you decide to pick up a second set. Collectively, our experience with aftermarket wheels around here is not good.

wolfgang0524
05-11-2010, 07:43 AM
I just got an email from my CA, Tom Curtis, at Co's BMW in Loveland that they have a 2007 550 CPO.

I'm not sure if it has all the options you want, but you might want to check it out.

Tom Curtis
tom@cosbmw.com

Tuesday is usually Tom's day off, but he should be in tomorrow.

sgnden
05-11-2010, 07:48 AM
I just got an email from my CA, Tom Curtis, at Co's BMW in Loveland that they have a 2007 550 CPO.

I'm not sure if it has all the options you want, but you might want to check it out.

Tom Curtis
tom@cosbmw.com

Tuesday is usually Tom's day off, but he should be in tomorrow.

Thanks Wolfgang! Yeah, I heard about that one too from a guy at Gebhardt I used to work with. It's white and that, sadly, is the only color that I just can't settle for...anything but white. Hard not to go check it out though.

mleerob
05-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks Wolfgang! Yeah, I heard about that one too from a guy at Gebhardt I used to work with. It's white and that, sadly, is the only color that I just can't settle for...anything but white. Hard not to go check it out though.

Normally I buy white or light colored cars,because they don't show dirt as well.
However, I broke my rule with this Jet Black car.
It takes some extra effort to keep clean, but IMO it's worth it.
I also wanted a light colored interior,and found it also.

IMO you should hold out until you find the perfect car you want.
It took me 2 weeks of searching the net to find mine.
Good luck.

dbchuli
05-11-2010, 03:59 PM
You should take a look in So. California; I did a quick search and there are 13 CPO 07'550i from Orange County to Los Angeles....Can't vouch for any of the dealers as the one I got my 530i from doesn't have any inventory. good luck.

sgnden
05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
You should take a look in So. California; I did a quick search and there are 13 CPO 07'550i from Orange County to Los Angeles....Can't vouch for any of the dealers as the one I got my 530i from doesn't have any inventory. good luck.

Yes, thanks dbchuli. It certainly looks like I will find the right car in CA. It's a quick flight for me and there are plenty to choose from it appears. I've been working on narrowing for a day or so. Wish me luck!

Thanks.

mtush
05-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Did you find what you were looking for? I have the same exact car..bought @69K..now at 78k. All options except HUD..silver. I need something bigger (2 kids) and have been mulling selling this. if interested..text or call 972-922-1419. 07 550i Silver. mint. Ilive in Dallas, Tx

sgnden
05-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks MT....yeah, I found the car and it's being shipped to me later this week.

Thanks for the thought though!

dbchuli
05-18-2010, 07:29 PM
How about some details, what did you end up getting...and where did you get it?