PDA

View Full Version : 550i ED lease coming to end....

darnold1236
05-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey all,

Well all good things must come to an end ...my first ED 550i lease is up....and I'm bummed. I hate to give it up...I've looked into buying it, but my payoff is pretty high. I got an crazy deal when i leased and figured I'd just do another ED in two years. Well, things have changed and another ED is probably two summers away. Plus, no real incentives due to new body style release which is great, but too much $$ per month to sleep through the night...My sales reps at BMW have said that no incentives exist and probably won't for a year, which i get, but stinks coming from such a great deal....i regret doing two years but at the time the payment was more expensive for 36 months.....so, I've been investigating SWAPALEASE. I've found a loaded 08 M3 sedan, 11500 miles VIN WBSVA93588E215471 to take over for 22 months with plenty of miles until lease end for me.

I will send the VIN to my sales rep for history of service, but I think I may have found a temporary filler until i ED again in less than two years. I'm an ED lover- it's the only way to go, if feasible.

Thanks hope to see many of you at the fest...
So I'll be on 3 borad as well, I'm still here on a pass because my wife still has her 5er! :D

David

DTC-OFF
05-11-2010, 12:10 PM
come on... we all know you cant go from a 550 to an M3! lol i personally would miss all the room in my 5. but then again, im 6'2", so maybe thats why :D

Bart001
05-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I hate to give it up...I've looked into buying it, but my payoff is pretty high.

Don't give up too fast. You VERY likely can purchase the car for less than your payoff. In my case for my 2008 535xi, it was considerably less. Any dealer can get a price from BMW NA at which BMW will "sell" the car to the dealer for purchase by the leasing customer. It's a number that's higher than the dealer would pay to keep the car on the lot, but nevertheless likely is far less than your residual value. The dealer will then mark up the price from there.

In my case, my dealer was totally transparent and showed me that number. We then agreed upon a fair price for the shop time, CPO warranty, dealer profit, etc. I ended up with a pretty good deal -- a little more than I could have picked up a similar car for 'off the lot,' but still quite a bit less than the residual. And it was and still is MY car.