PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Tired Coverage-Do you have it? Have you used it?

300zxmuro
05-10-2010, 08:20 PM
I signed for the :

BMW Tire & Wheel Protection
Protects you from the hazards of the road.
The BMW Tire & Wheel Protection program provides coverage in the event of damage to your tires or wheels as a result of metal, nails, glass, debris, potholes, blowouts, etc. (excluding cosmetic damage). You can choose a plan that covers your vehicle for up to 5 years.

Program benefits include:

* Ultimate peace of mind. You no longer have to worry about unnecessary financial hardship in the event of damage due to a road hazard. We have you covered.
* Damaged tire(s) will be replaced, not plugged or patched.
* There are no maximum number of occurrences, no claim limits and no claim aggregate.
* Benefits are not restricted by vehicle mileage.
* Program benefits continue even if you replace your tires.
* Up to $100 of towing expenses are covered.
* Transferable adds resale value.

It cost me 1000 for a period of 5 years.

The car has 18" Michelin PS1 run flat tires. The dealer convinced me to get it.

Now I do not know what to do. I want to upgrade to M5 wheels 19".

What da heck can I do?

Have you used it? Share your experience?

grateful1
05-10-2010, 08:49 PM
The BMW Tire & Rim Warranty that I saw stated that the coverage would only apply to tires that would fit the stock rims. I don't know if you swapped your current rims for the M5s if the warranty would still be valid. I would suggest calling your dealer and asking them if there will be any issues.

Why did you get the tire insurance? Do you have a lot of pot holes where you live? I'm assuming you currently have the sports rims and got the insurance to ensure that if anything happened to your rims (and tires) that you would have coverage. I believe the policy is also prorated in the event that you wanted your money back so if you don't find value in the insurance after a few years you can cash it in. Of course, I am assuming that you have the same policy as what I saw at the dealer.

300zxmuro
05-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I got convinced. Maybe I was stupid to believe them. The theory is that each tired will cost me 500 bucks. Since there are run flat tires cannot be replaced. You need to buy a new one. In a period of 2 years odds of breaking at least 2 times a tire is high. True or not I have no clue. The thing is that I signed and now I may be stuck with my plan of upgrading. Sports Package for a 535i does not have spare tire.

300zxmuro
05-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Sorry not 2 years....5 years

Dann902
05-10-2010, 10:12 PM
I used it once so far, about 4 months after I bought my 550i. I had a nail in on of my rear tires (19") and the dealer replaced it with a new one.

300zxmuro
05-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I used it once so far, about 4 months after I bought my 550i. I had a nail in on of my rear tires (19") and the dealer replaced it with a new one.

You had 18" and then 19" or you bought the cars for 19" and the the contract was for those wheels?

grateful1
05-11-2010, 05:17 AM
You had 18" and then 19" or you bought the cars for 19" and the the contract was for those wheels?

I believe 19' rims comes with the 550 sports package. I'm not sure if this is what he has but from the picture of his car this looks to be true.

innovativeit
05-11-2010, 05:40 AM
I have the tire/wheel policy through the dealership. Yesterday, they replaced both front tires (run flat) which had "bubbled" sidewalls from recent pothole incidents. Although the wheels are bent, they did not repair the wheels themselves since the policy only covers wheel repair or replacement if there is an air leak.

I have an appointment at an independent wheel shop next week to get them repaired for $80 per wheel.

Neubs1
05-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I have the tire and wheel policy through the dealer. I have had one OEM 17" tire replaced @ 35K miles for a nail in the tire and last week I had a new wheel mounted because the old one had a hairline crack and would not keep air.... the tire was OK... The policy has not paid for itself yet......
Cheers,
Neubs

Sean123
05-15-2010, 10:18 AM

Did they replace both rears? Depending on wear would you have an issue with two different rears at different hights. Not big difference just curious.