PDA

View Full Version : Wheel and Audio Upgrade Required - Central NJ

Rana535
05-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Hi All....

Any recommendations on a good Audio install place in Central NJ, just need some simple stuff, amp and box.

Also, where can I get some wheels installed on 2010 535i x-Drive.
Any thoughts on what wheels I should go with on a Black Sapphire E60. I want to upgrade to preferably 19's and deal with a place that has experience with x-Drive wheel upgrades.

Appreciate your recommendations in advance.....

Rana535
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Any Suggestion...anyone ?

Wiley31
06-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi,

I have been investigating audio upgrades for my 08 535XI and the news is pretty grim. The only reasonable price upgrade is from a company called Bavarian Sound Werks, who sells a $520 speaker upgrade. If you want to add amps and new larger speakers, it's going to be costly and complicated.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the speaker upgrade yet, but after visiting several custom audio shops, the cheapest anything is coming back is in the $3-10k range. So I will probably be trying out the speaker upgrade and I will let you know.

Munich77
06-11-2010, 01:22 PM
For wheels, just get some nice Breyton GTS from tirerack. I love those wheels.... FYI the E60 xis have the same spacing as E90 wheels so there are plenty of choices out there.

inktoxicated
06-15-2010, 06:10 PM
hey i got a qoute for a new audio setup here in central jersey and they came back with 5500. i was like **** no! it was replacing all stock 4 inchers with 6.5 jl audios running 2 jl w6s (10s) jl audo hd amp 900/5 jl clean sweep to clean up stock signal. wires and capcitor installed .... i am going the bavarian sound werks route because its a direct speaker swap and from what ive read the sound quality is very good. i will be locating a good deal on craigslist for a decent amp and some decent newer subs and have it installed. so the speakers should be bout 600 installed and the amp/sub a few hunderd to install. **** should knock being the stock system hits pretty good for 4 inch speakers.. i bought my wheels/tires from krazy house kustoms in south brunswck nj. tey do audio to never got qouted on that from them

Wiley31
06-15-2010, 06:19 PM
That sounds a lot like the system that my installer in Rockland suggested - same amp, but Hertz 3 way speakers and a JL Stealthbox sub. He wants to use and Audison Bit One Sound processor as well, instead of the JL cleansweep. The big rub is that my guy is telling me it's going to cost 2,000 just for the doors - he said it's not just a matter of cutting holes and dropping in the speakers, but they have to re-fabricate the door panels (both inside and out) to make it look factory. And I have known this installer for 20 years and he does phenomenal work.

I thought long and hard about the BSW direct speaker swap - I called their offices like 10 times, and was never able to speak to someone. Plus they don't have their stage 2 (upgraded amplifier to power the better speakers) available yet.

Let me know what you think of the direct speaker upgrade from BSW.

Thanks much!

Wiley

inktoxicated
06-15-2010, 06:23 PM
yea i emailed bsw, they replied next day. i have the standard 4 inch speakers. i think they sound pretty good for what they are, i coulda sworn the car had tinys sunbs somewhere. if i get the bsw's installed ill let you know if its worth it for the high end clarity and added midbass if any.

Wiley31
06-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks - and the car does have 2 8" subs - they are under the front seats. Please let me know what you think of the mids and highs on the BSW speakers- I still can't believe you get a car this nice, and the stereo suck so badly. I will be interested to hear what you think of the upgrade. Oh just one tip - if you are installing the new speakers yourself, becareful when you take off the door panels - I was told if you disconnect the side airbags, it will set off some kind of electronic fault code.

inktoxicated
06-16-2010, 03:51 PM
yea i searched everywhere for those 2 8s i dont got them in my car.

Wiley31
06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
They are under your front seats