PDA

View Full Version : Rebooting IDrive on 2007 530i

corylove
05-11-2010, 10:33 AM
All:

What is the proper way to reboot the Idrive system on a 2007 530i ? Also, in doing so, will I have to have the car reprogrammed at the dealer for any accessories/functions to work ?

Thanks in advance for all your help and responses.

JerseyGeorge
05-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Is your Idrive not comming on?

Raymond Lee
05-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Will BMW ever come up with multi language support for iPod? Currently it seems to support English, French and Spanish OK.

B. Diddy
05-12-2010, 11:13 PM
For my 2008 535i with Nav, reboot by simultaneously pressing the sound system power on button (i.e., the volume knob) and both CD and DVD eject buttons.

corylove
06-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Sorry for not respond back to others on this issue. It seems that the issue surrounding this question is to have a software update performed. My car is a bit odd, I am told, in that the Satellite radio was pre-wired at factory but installed at dealer. Apparently this affects the programming of the car--or it did until the new software the dealer says is out there. In short, it's going in for a software update tomorrow.

For those who want to know what started this, by single CD player shows in I-drive but is unresponsive. When hitting eject button their is a 5 second delay and the I-drive screen says please wait until CD is ejected(or something similiar). The I-drive sees the tracks of the CD, but does not display time nor will it play them. When I choose to randomly play the tracks, the Idrive freezes then shuts down. I then have to remove the key(fob) from the ignition and reinsert to clear. Dealer says a software update is available to cure this issue, but noting that it's not 100% guaranteed. That's Ok though, I have my Ipod which sounds better than the CD anyway, but the updates are most likely well needed.