PDA

View Full Version : Phone Icon in iDrive

porshah
05-11-2010, 09:56 AM
My phone icon disappeared in iDrive recently when it is connected via Bluetooth. Anyone else have that issue? Nothing has changed in my phone setting. I have LG Envy Touch with Verizon. The icon showed up next to the bars on the bottom of the screen. Phone still connects to the car and functions as before. It was nice having the icon to show that my phone is On and connected. Lot of times I forget to turn the phone On. Any thoughts?

Kzang
05-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Normally a signal icon would show that your phone is connected to bluetooth.
A phone icon with a slash thorugh it meant you missed a incoming call.

Or this is how it is on my 2010.

porshah
05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
I always had signal icon and phone icon. When my phone was Off, the little phone icon would not be shown on the screen. Very strange how it just disappeared.

mleerob
05-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I always had signal icon and phone icon. When my phone was Off, the little phone icon would not be shown on the screen. Very strange how it just disappeared.

+1.
My car blutooth connects when I get in the car, Icon is up.

porshah
05-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Not a big deal. I will just have to bring it to my SA's attention at my next service.

Kamdog
05-11-2010, 07:17 PM
My phone icon goes off when I completely lose signal. Did that happen?

porshah
05-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Nope. Full signal. I can make and receive calls too. Everything with phone functions as expected.

bbal
05-11-2010, 08:05 PM
The phone icon means a missed call. If you go under telephone and look at your missed calls, it will remove the icon. If you want it there, have someone call you while in the car and don't pick up. Then don't go to "missed calls" and it will stay there.

Kzang
05-11-2010, 08:27 PM
The phone icon means a missed call. If you go under telephone and look at your missed calls, it will remove the icon. If you want it there, have someone call you while in the car and don't pick up. Then don't go to "missed calls" and it will stay there.

This is what I was saying. but my phone icon has a Slash through it for a missed call.
Here is the picture of just the signals showing. ( I dont have a picture of the missed call icon, but I can take a picture tomorrow and post it as well.)

Kzang
05-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Here is the image for the phone icon with a missed call symbol.

porshah
05-12-2010, 07:10 AM

Really? I will try that. Thank you.

I could have sworn that icon appeared everytime the phone connected, regardless of "missed calls".

porshah
05-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Here is the image for the phone icon with a missed call symbol.

Kzang - mine is previous version of idrive.

I am going to try what bbal suggested.

RedDvl33
05-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Really? I will try that. Thank you.

I could have sworn that icon appeared everytime the phone connected, regardless of "missed calls".

I agree with bbal. For the longest time I couldn't figure it out and then one day when I was just clicking through everything, it dissappeared when I hit the missed call section. Kinda cool to have it there, but now I don't really even notice it.

One little pet peeve I have about the 07 idrive is when you have a call waiting. It doesn't show up on the screen, just your phone, and there is no way to switch it over through the idrive. Maybe they changed this on the 2010? Kzang any thoughts?

porshah
05-12-2010, 07:41 AM
One little pet peeve I have about the 07 idrive is when you have a call waiting. It doesn't show up on the screen, just your phone, and there is no way to switch it over through the idrive. Maybe they changed this on the 2010? Kzang any thoughts?

I agree. I noticed that the other day also.

stanj
05-12-2010, 08:51 AM

Changed on the 2010 version. Allows you switch to incoming call and put current call on hold. I haven't found a way to hang up on the current call and accept the incoming call through the iDrive.

As for the phone icon, it shows up when a call is in progress and, as others have said, the icon w/ bar through it shows up when there's been a missed call. Otherwise only the bars show up, which tells you that the phone is connected.

Again, this is on the 2010 iDrive.

Kzang
05-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Kzang - mine is previous version of idrive.

I am going to try what bbal suggested.

I could be wrong, and its been a while but on my 2007 it was the same. No phone icon unless during call or missed call.

HokieXDriver
05-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Changed on the 2010 version. Allows you switch to incoming call and put current call on hold. I haven't found a way to hang up on the current call and accept the incoming call through the iDrive.

Click on the current call to hang up and incoming wait call will pick up. It's a little non-intuitive because the instinct is to scroll to the new call and click, which puts the first on hold as you say.

stanj
05-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Click on the current call to hang up and incoming wait call will pick up. It's a little non-intuitive because the instinct is to scroll to the new call and click, which puts the first on hold as you say.

Thanks. I'll have to remember that.

porshah
05-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Love this forum! You learn so much.

///M Rakete
05-12-2010, 09:04 PM
My phone icon disappeared in iDrive recently when it is connected via Bluetooth. Anyone else have that issue? Nothing has changed in my phone setting. I have LG Envy Touch with Verizon. The icon showed up next to the bars on the bottom of the screen. Phone still connects to the car and functions as before. It was nice having the icon to show that my phone is On and connected. Lot of times I forget to turn the phone On. Any thoughts?

Sounds like you have the previous (CCC) version of iDrive. You have a missed call. You can see this call under the Missed Calls tab in the Telephone section of your iDrive. You can then erase that entry and any others by clicking on it (them) or call those numbers, again by clicking on it (them).