PDA

View Full Version : Getting close to a deal...?

sgnden
05-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Man, this is torture. Can't wait to start hanging out here with "real" car questions and contributions instead of this stuff about finding the right one! Thanks for bearing with me!

2007 550i Titanium Gray w Black 35000 miles. Orig warranty thru 3/15/11. + CPO

Sport, Cold, Nav, Logic7, Comfort, Rear Shade, Heads-up, Parking, and all of the standard stuff of course.

$36k?

I am pressing for anything UNDER $35k. Is that still too much in today's market?

Thanks!!

jagu
05-12-2010, 04:18 PM
As I said, the market for these cars must have got better because I passed on a great deal in January. Brett BMW had one with 40k miles for $30988. It was equipped like this one but no HUD and it had comfort access and intelligent cruise. The interest rate was only 2.9% too. I won't pay over $34 for this car.

sgnden
05-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes, you did say that. Thanks.

Just thought it would be helpful to see the exact options.

I am focused on $33,500 max for any of them...and there are plenty.

Thanks again...the annoyance will end soon.

skylolow
05-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Location and the supply of them in that market plays a big part with these cars.

They really are priced all over the board. You can have three of the same car, one in LA, one in Chicago, and one in Miami. There prices can literally be a 5K difference.

For an 07 550i loaded up with 30K to 40K CPO you should expect to pay between 32K to 37K depending on the location. Non CPO your looking about 30K to 34K.

More important then saving 1K is making sure you get a good car. Make sure everything checks out. Biggest thing with cars like BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, etc. is make sure they haven't been shop whores. Once a shop whore, usually always a shop whore and with what these cars cost to fix you don't want any part of that.

jagu
05-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Yes, you did say that. Thanks.

Just thought it would be helpful to see the exact options.

I am focused on $33,500 max for any of them...and there are plenty.

Thanks again...the annoyance will end soon.

Oh no it's not an annoyance. i get like that when I am about to buy a car too.

sgnden
05-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Location and the supply of them in that market plays a big part with these cars.

They really are priced all over the board. You can have three of the same car, one in LA, one in Chicago, and one in Miami. There prices can literally be a 5K difference.

For an 07 550i loaded up with 30K to 40K CPO you should expect to pay between 32K to 37K depending on the location. Non CPO your looking about 30K to 34K.

More important then saving 1K is making sure you get a good car. Make sure everything checks out. Biggest thing with cars like BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, etc. is make sure they haven't been shop whores. Once a shop whore, usually always a shop whore and with what these cars cost to fix you don't want any part of that.

Yeah, after a bunch of the typical back-and-forth nonsense the deal stands at $34k for this loaded-up 550 with 35k miles CPO and an in-service date of 3/15/07.

luxcar
05-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I am also looking for one. The market definately has gotten better. The car that were listed for 30k are now listed for couple of grand more in the same area.
I am waiting to find the one with the color and options I want.