PDA

View Full Version : 2004 bmw 525i e60 buncha problems HELP

SolimanG
05-12-2010, 06:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey im new to thissss.. my 525i has almsot 80 thousand miles on it and i just recently paid about a grand to replace trans pan and seal and gasket but now my back window is freaking out it doesnt know when to stop it goes up then goes right back down n stops in the middle and one of my cigerate lighter is out in the back idk if its a fuse i have to change or what and my exhaust is rattling it doesnt seem bad at all to me but anyone that drives behind me that i know tells me it rattles alil everytime i hit a bump or something

any helpppp

-Howitzer-
05-12-2010, 07:22 PM
In the iDrive disable the window anti-trap function and you're good to go!

dwlink
05-12-2010, 09:11 PM
In the iDrive disable the window anti-trap function and you're good to go!

Ummmmm....yeah, that's not an option in iDrive (at least not on the '04 E60s).

1. Try re-initializing the window motor. Do a search for the procedure - its something long the lines of holding up on the window button for a little while and then holding down on it for a while.

2. If that doesn't work, it could be a bad window motor in which case you'll need to have it replaced. Should be in the $300 range if its not covered under any sort of warranty.

I had the exact same thing happen to my car right after I bought it except it was the passenger window. They ended up replacing the motor under the original warranty - haven't had a problem with it since.

-Howitzer-
05-12-2010, 09:28 PM
You're right I just went and checked, sorry! I can't remember how I did it to mine.

dwlink
05-13-2010, 04:27 AM
The warning fault will clear itself once the window goes back down all the way

SolimanG
05-13-2010, 05:12 AM
heyyy thanks alot guys ill take a look into that process if not ill take it to the dealer which im pretty sure will tell me i have to get a new motor:(