PDA

View Full Version : Alarm system question and prowlers

DJS425
05-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Okay, I'm used to having people look at my car. I have no problem with that at all. Its a nice car. Well today I was disturbed at was I was saw outside the grocery store while finishing a phone call before I walked into the store. A guy walks up to it and looks at it. (no problem at all. He then gets on 4 knees looking inside and around my rims, than starts looking under my car all the way around. He is touching everything on it and I'm starting to get irate. By this time i';m getting really pissed because I don't know his purpose. Sure I get a lot of looks and sometimes people will stop just to look and thats fine, but this guys behavior was extremely bizarre. I than set off my alarm, which scared the **** out of him then he left. Across the street I'm screaming at him saying "What is the purpose of touching all over my car, looking into the wheel wells and also under the body of the car". He didn't answer and just left. I told my buddy about this and he suggested that he was probably looking for a hidden key to it. That thought set me off and while I'm not stupid enough to leave a spare key under the 550i, just the point that this guy was doing this was questionable. I've had lookers all the time, thats fine but this guy seemed like he was there for a purpose. Am I over-reacting? There are only 1 thing in this world more important the my 550i and thats my dog. Are there any sort of alarms or other devices on the market that could suit my needs if this was to happen again? Thank you all for your response! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Kamdog
05-13-2010, 08:05 AM
I bet your friend was right. People do sometimes put a spare key in a, they think, hidden spot on the outside of their car.

Munich77
05-13-2010, 11:43 AM
No you did not overreact at all. I would have done the same thing. The other day I was picking up something at the drug store and this guy leaned up against my car while chatting with his friend. I was fuming!

cac3a
05-13-2010, 12:54 PM
I hate that $h!t, but ever time I see it I always come up and question them right away.

I also hate the dudes that stand around parking lots and just come up to you once you park and ask for money. I always think that they'll do something to it once I'm gone and don't give them anything. Buck here or there.....gives me piece of mind.

I'd never guess that people hide spare key under their car.

What kind of rims do you have on your e60?

jeffbtx
05-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Okay, I'm used to having people look at my car. I have no problem with that at all. Its a nice car. Well today I was disturbed at was I was saw outside the grocery store while finishing a phone call before I walked into the store. A guy walks up to it and looks at it. (no problem at all. He then gets on 4 knees looking inside and around my rims, than starts looking under my car all the way around. He is touching everything on it and I'm starting to get irate. By this time i';m getting really pissed because I don't know his purpose. Sure I get a lot of looks and sometimes people will stop just to look and thats fine, but this guys behavior was extremely bizarre. I than set off my alarm, which scared the **** out of him then he left. Across the street I'm screaming at him saying "What is the purpose of touching all over my car, looking into the wheel wells and also under the body of the car". He didn't answer and just left. I told my buddy about this and he suggested that he was probably looking for a hidden key to it. That thought set me off and while I'm not stupid enough to leave a spare key under the 550i, just the point that this guy was doing this was questionable. I've had lookers all the time, thats fine but this guy seemed like he was there for a purpose. Am I over-reacting? There are only 1 thing in this world more important the my 550i and thats my dog. Are there any sort of alarms or other devices on the market that could suit my needs if this was to happen again? Thank you all for your response! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

I've had that happen a couple of times (at least that I know of since I was present) and as I walked up to the car I took a picture of the dude with my cell phone - he liked that about as much as I liked him snooping around the car.

cac3a
05-13-2010, 01:10 PM
I've had that happen a couple of times (at least that I know of since I was present) and as I walked up to the car I took a picture of the dude with my cell phone - he liked that about as much as I liked him snooping around the car.
:rofl:

Kzang
05-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Never had anyone come looking at my car before.. especially since BMW's are a dime a dozen...

bmrboy2008
05-13-2010, 03:43 PM

Great idea!!! :rofl:

Fast Bob
05-13-2010, 03:53 PM
CCW and a .45....

jeffbtx
05-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Never had anyone come looking at my car before.. especially since BMW's are a dime a dozen...

How about when you're parked and not near the car?

Nube1kenobi
05-13-2010, 06:25 PM
DJS425 -

Where were you parked? I may have to put that place as a note to self to avoid! :)

Kzang
05-13-2010, 08:40 PM
How about when you're parked and not near the car?

It's possible, but like I said BMW's are not anything special here in the area I live in, BMW's are just way too common, I even see M5's at least once a week.
I did however get lot of double takes on my car when I visited my sister in NC.

dNorm
05-14-2010, 05:27 AM
:thumbup::thumbup:

bkwon
05-14-2010, 09:55 AM

I don't know where I can find a BMW for 1000 dimes :p but I don't have anyone looking at my car either. One thing that irks me was someone who came to our door to raise money for "charity" told my wife if we can afford a BMW (parked on the driveway) we can afford to donate. I thought that was a very cheap shot! My wife didn't give them a dime. I give to charity but only to the ones I trust and believe in, and almost never door-to-door type (unless I know them personally). There are simply too many scams of so called charity in Canada.

UltimateDriving
05-14-2010, 03:41 PM
BMW's are getting more common every day, but the E60 are still kinda rare, i get to see like 1 sometimes 2 a week.

I specially hate when people scratch your car because they're jealous, freaking hate that!!!! :mad::mad:

DJS425
05-23-2010, 02:10 PM
DJS425 -

Where were you parked? I may have to put that place as a note to self to avoid! :)

I was in a parking spot in front of the grocery store in a row about 3 cars in. I always try to park it as close as possible to where I'm at because there are a lot of car thefts here and I know how people can be. Like I was saying I don't mind if someone looks, but when they start touching that set me off. Than he got on his knees and was looking under the car and around the wheel well. Maybe it was innocent but you don't do that to another persons car

Nube1kenobi
05-23-2010, 05:38 PM
I was in a parking spot in front of the grocery store in a row about 3 cars in. I always try to park it as close as possible to where I'm at because there are a lot of car thefts here and I know how people can be. Like I was saying I don't mind if someone looks, but when they start touching that set me off. Than he got on his knees and was looking under the car and around the wheel well. Maybe it was innocent but you don't do that to another persons car

No. Where in Seattle area? I spend 75% of my time in Bellevue, but just in case that 25% gets me... I want to be aware. :angel:

DJS425
05-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Actually I was in Bellevue at the time, the Safeway on 140th. So many cars get stolen in the eastside as well as Seattle

Nube1kenobi
05-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Got it...