PDA

View Full Version : central lock on passenger door, window, mirrors not working

skymanzmom
05-12-2010, 09:51 PM
The passenger door lock is not working with remote, only manually. At the same time, the passenger window won't go down, and the power mirrors stopped work. The drivers mirror folds in and pops back out. The passenger mirror will not fold in at all. The vehicle is a 2006 X5. All other locks are operating with the remote and the button on the console.

OKC
05-13-2010, 08:20 AM
If under warranty take it in, if not live with it cause it's gonna be expensive to troubleshoot the electrical system.

Nube1kenobi
05-13-2010, 05:11 PM
The passenger door lock is not working with remote, only manually. At the same time, the passenger window won't go down, and the power mirrors stopped work. The drivers mirror folds in and pops back out. The passenger mirror will not fold in at all. The vehicle is a 2006 X5. All other locks are operating with the remote and the button on the console.

You may have a blown fuse or a short somewhere. One of the reported area on X5's prone to shorts is the wire bundle behind the glove compartment. You may have developed some open circuits or shorts due to chaffing... see attached.

Benzineman
03-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Hello,

I have got the same problem with my 2006 X5:cry:
What did you do to fix this problem?

Thanx, from the Netherlands!

Benzineman
03-06-2011, 01:25 AM
I fixed the problem; corrosion in the electric plug between the door and the car.