PDA

View Full Version : Second re-programming-check engine

jwhco
05-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Just got my 2010 535xi out of the shop. I had a check engine light, but no limp mode or anything. Per the repair order it had a error code "fuel pressure control release 2FBF." They re-programmed the car "program vehicle per test plan--GW CODE 295294282." It then said "test fuel pressure per test plan 5.1 bar programmed and encoded with cas"

The car seems good now, but I wonder if they changed the turbo boost (lowered) to get rid of the error? This is my 2nd complete reprogram and I have had the car only 9 months.

Confused

Nube1kenobi
05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
That is a good thing that they narrowed your issue... code 2FBF is normally associated with "long crank" which you did not mention. On release of fuel injection, the fuel pressure should remain above 4.75bar and from the corrective action, it appears yours was below, or borderline. Reprogramming appears to have fixed that issue as they recorded a residual of 5.1bar.

This is real troubleshooting now... none of those HPFP knee jerks! :thumbup::bigpimp: A shout out to your tech!

jwhco
05-14-2010, 07:16 AM
I forgot to mention--I did tell them that in the morning the engine seems to crank for 3-4 seconds before firing. After that, it normally starts right up. Now is starts right up in the morning and seems to be running better. Great service, I guess--the only bummer was the loaner--328ix. Talk about no power.