PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a Black Berry phone via iDrive?

IndyBeemer
05-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Anyone using a Black Berry phone via iDrive?

I looked at a 530i last night and the guy had an iPod connection in the glove compartment.

I have a Black Berry phone so not sure if I can use that to have my numbers and music show up on the iDrive system.

We tried to have the phone show up via the Bluetooth but couldn't figure it out.

Is there an adapter via the iPod connection he has or do I need to make it work using Bluetooth?

TMQ
05-14-2010, 09:13 AM
iPod connection is for iPod. for your music, use the regular aux connection.

You can use bluetooth for phone connection. but my guess is it wouldn't show the stored music. (I use a blackberry also.)

alexzeng
05-14-2010, 10:24 AM

I looked at a 530i last night and the guy had an iPod connection in the glove compartment.

I have a Black Berry phone so not sure if I can use that to have my numbers and music show up on the iDrive system.

We tried to have the phone show up via the Bluetooth but couldn't figure it out.

Is there an adapter via the iPod connection he has or do I need to make it work using Bluetooth?

iDrive will let you to set up and access your Blackberry phone function through bluetooth, not sure about music.

jpzeller
05-14-2010, 10:26 AM

My wife and I use a BB Pearl 8110 and Curve 8900, respectively, via BT - no problems.

ikedoc
05-14-2010, 10:34 AM
BB tour no problem, phone lists etc work with the touch of the I-drive button. I have not tried to run music through the BB to the stereo however, I use the IPOD for that.

gmatv16
05-14-2010, 10:52 AM
for music: try AUX, I have nokia n95 8gb phone and i connect it to AUX to play music on the stereo.

mleerob
05-14-2010, 12:22 PM

My BlackBerry connects automatically with the BluTooth.
All contacts and numbers are on iDrive.
Works great.

USB and audio plug for iPod is separate.

IndyBeemer
05-14-2010, 07:25 PM
There is nothing on the iDrive menu to enable Bluetooth. Guess this 530i doe s not have technology installed then? It's a 2004 model so not sure if that was standard that year.

tyt215
05-14-2010, 08:50 PM
There is nothing on the iDrive menu to enable Bluetooth. Guess this 530i doe s not have technology installed then? It's a 2004 model so not sure if that was standard that year.

You re right, i think they started bluetooth on 2006 and up. Maybe 2005 to, but definately not 2004. I have 2006 530i and it works just fine.

jay8s
05-16-2010, 09:25 AM
My '04 has Bluetooth, and sees my Blackberry just fine. It depends on your build date, as to if you can have it retrofit. Pre 4/04 it is very questionable if it will work. Mine is a 7/04 build date, and I was able to have my SA recode my car and activate it for free. This is what I had happen.