PDA

View Full Version : many problems please help me

dilllinger
05-14-2010, 11:22 AM
i have a 2004 bmw 545i with 95000 miles on it, my ac keeps coming on automatically, my car is starting to jerk sometimes when i drive off or stop, and my rear window electric shade is stuck it did once before and started to work again but its stuck once again all i hear is a clicking sound when i press the button... please help me!!!

mhs525
05-14-2010, 06:08 PM
i have a 2004 bmw 545i with 95000 miles on it, my ac keeps coming on automatically, my car is starting to jerk sometimes when i drive off or stop, and my rear window electric shade is stuck it did once before and started to work again but its stuck once again all i hear is a clicking sound when i press the button... please help me!!!

I have an 05 545i so my car is getting up there in age like yours but not sure what anyone can tell you except to take your car to the shop. Your car is 7 years old and has almost 100k miles, it's going to need service some times. Have you found a good independent shop?

I found mine through Bimrs.org which was recommended by the BMW Car Club.

I believe the AC comes on automatically under certain circumstances but I can't remember what they are, defrost mode??? maybe have a look in the manual???

Ndokiss
05-20-2010, 08:01 AM

I took mine to the dealer, they say I have a bad climate module; the fault code showed them that. I have to replace it, but since I'm out of warranty, parts and labor is $1203 w/o taxes. I didn't fix it yet but what I've found out is that if I wait one minute after I start the car so that Idrive initializes and the fasten seat belt light goes off I can manipulate it and the buttons will be responsive. Otherwise, nothing works when it malfunctions, it just stays at the lowest fan power, it shuts off max a/c, residual heating e.t.c and just defaults to the lowest fan setting.