PDA

View Full Version : Service Engine Soon

nix930
05-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I have a 2005 545i with 68k miles. About a week ago, the SES light came on and remains on. When I first start the car, the idrive displays the message “Increased Emissions” and a yellow picture of an engine displays between the tach and speedometer.

Is this something that I can diagnosis and clear with an OBDII reader?

Phil75070
05-15-2010, 05:38 PM
I had the same thing and took it to my mechanic (I avoid the dealer if at all possible). He checked it out and found nothing. He reset the light. A week later I took it in for the State emissions test and had no problem passing. I think AutoZone can hook it up and provide you with the codes, if any, if you are near one of them.

fnc
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I have a 2005 545i with 68k miles. About a week ago, the SES light came on and remains on. When I first start the car, the idrive displays the message “Increased Emissions” and a yellow picture of an engine displays between the tach and speedometer.

Is this something that I can diagnosis and clear with an OBDII reader?

you can read the code with a code reader. However a diagnosis without an enhanced BMW scan tool will be tough.

BLUE550
05-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I actually took in my car for the same issue. They replaced a valve of some sort (don't have the paper with me) and the light is gone.