PDA

View Full Version : 528i sedan lease questions

johnkim33
05-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Hi all.

This is my first time leasing BMW.
Actually... this is the first time leasing any car at all.

My dealer offer me this deal. Please give me some input.

2010 528i sedan... leather, moonroof, automatic, ipod adapter
$448.83/month plus tax
for 36 months. 10K miles per year.
$6754 total drive off.

Is this a good deal?

$6754 drive off seem high, don't you think?
I'm guessing that downpayment is high too.

What do you guys think?

Thank in advance

TRS550
05-16-2010, 06:11 AM
What is the price of the vehicle being offered?? What is the residual value???

You really should not negotiate a lease without first negotiating a price of the vehicle and then the residual value based on "X" number of miles driven.

If you are just ngotiating a payment without a price and a residual value, then you've fallen into the same trap as 99% of those who lease.

johnkim33
05-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Thank you for the reply.

So I need to find out the MSRP of the vehicle and residual value (which is the % of MSRP, right?) based on 10K.
These days... it seems like they all based their payment on 10k.

Someone told me that MF should be 0.0027 and residual should be 51% based on 10K and 36 months... does this sound right? (For May 2010 that is)

TRS550
05-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Not MSRP. You need to negotiate the best deal you can get on the car, price wise. Then negotiate the residual value at the end of the lease. The difference between the 2 is what you will be paying. NOW you can work the terms of the lease in terms of down payment, interest rate etc....

Work it just as if you were buying a home. You gotta know the price of the home before you can talk financing....

jeffbtx
05-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Thank you for the reply.

So I need to find out the MSRP of the vehicle and residual value (which is the % of MSRP, right?) based on 10K.
These days... it seems like they all based their payment on 10k.

Someone told me that MF should be 0.0027 and residual should be 51% based on 10K and 36 months... does this sound right? (For May 2010 that is)

Forget MSRP - find out what they are willing to sell the car for and then determine if you want to buy/finance or lease/finance. Google auto leases and you can get all sorts of useful info. You really should know what you're paying for the car.

http://www.leaseguide.com/