PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Brand new BMW owner

tuckndivine88
05-16-2010, 07:47 AM
I just purchased our 06 BMW 525i last week. We have been drenched in rain showers here lately. I got into the car after a heavy rain shower and I had about an inch of water on the floor below the rear seats. I used my shop vac to suck up the water and dry out the carpet. It rained again today and I pealed back the carpet after taking out the back seat. The carpet wasn't wet on the outside, but there was water behind it which was getting soaked up by the foam behind the carpet. The weather stripping around the doors look fine. Any idea on how I'm getting water in the vehicle??

It's still under CPO warranty. I'm planning on bringing it in to get checked out, but the battery died too a couple of days ago. At least the broker I bought the car from is replacing the battery tomorrow since we had some concerns about it still being the original battery. I rough week for a first time owner...:dunno:

cranbizzle
05-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Its most likely the vapor barrier. A quick search on "vapor barrier" will show you that many have run into this problem on their 5er before. I had the window regulator replaced on my old 325 and the dealer screwed up the vapor barrier because the back seat floor was a pool after the first rainstorm. Quick trip back to the dealer and they resealed the vapor barrier in the door, no more problems. Search the forums for the DIY tips if you don't feel like taking it to the dealer.

JerseyGeorge
05-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Its most likely the vapor barrier. A quick search on "vapor barrier" will show you that many have run into this problem on their 5er before. I had the window regulator replaced on my old 325 and the dealer screwed up the vapor barrier because the back seat floor was a pool after the first rainstorm. Quick trip back to the dealer and they resealed the vapor barrier in the door, no more problems. Search the forums for the DIY tips if you don't feel like taking it to the dealer.

+1

Either vapor barriers or sunroof drain tubes are blocked! I had all FOUR door seals replaced under warranty...4/50. I have seen here where some dealers give CPO'd cars a hard time with this issue! If you press on and show evidence from this forum you will prevail!:thumbup:

tuckndivine88
05-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the help!! If the dealer won't fix this, has anyone fixed this on their own? If so, what type of sealer did you use?