PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Questions

dizuel
11-11-2003, 06:46 PM
1. Will there ever be a OEM Siruis install for 2003+ with NAV, or is this a permanent deficiency?

2. If there was, or in the case of the non-NAV installs, does it interfere with either a multi-CD installation or a bluetooth installation?

Thanks...

Spectre
11-11-2003, 07:12 PM
1. Will there ever be a OEM Siruis install for 2003+ with NAV, or is this a permanent deficiency?

2. If there was, or in the case of the non-NAV installs, does it interfere with either a multi-CD installation or a bluetooth installation?

Thanks...
There's supposed to be an OEM Sirius for 2003+ with Nav. This has been discussed before, but you may need to do a search outside of the "Audio Upgrades & Other In-Car Electronics" forum. 2003 with Nav gets screwed, however. :mad:

OBS3SSION
11-12-2003, 06:34 AM
If you run a search with the keywords: "sirius", "nav", and "2003", you should find a few threads with useful information.

However, if you look at this attachment, you'll see the "availability grid": http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16408

Notice the last line at the bottom of the sheet. It says that cars with NAV built before 9/2003 are not capable of having the OEM Sirius. Cars with NAV built after 9/2003 are.

I have a 2003 330i with NAV with a build date of 12/2002, so my car is not capable of having the OEM Sirius. Instead, I have installed my own XM tuner, with the control panel in my ashtray. I have the AUX in adapter on my NAV so I have my XM playing through that. I have put some thought into swapping my NAV HU out with one that is Sirius capable... but instead of getting the OEM Sirius, getting the adapter that will allow me to use XM and be able to control it with, and see the display on my NAV.