PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer for x5

motioneffects
11-12-2003, 10:49 AM
I just bought a 04 X5 with Navi. The salesman did not tell me that i didn't have a CD changer until i got home. I called him back and he said the factory Changer would run me about 700 dallars So i am looking for a after market Unit. What is the best changer and will fit the factory prewire? or is there a pre run wire for the changer?

Thanx
Stan

SupraRZ
11-30-2003, 04:26 AM
I just bought a 04 X5 with Navi. The salesman did not tell me that i didn't have a CD changer until i got home. I called him back and he said the factory Changer would run me about 700 dallars So i am looking for a after market Unit. What is the best changer and will fit the factory prewire? or is there a pre run wire for the changer?

Thanx
Stan

Yeah, I ate sh*t for that too on my X5 a few months ago, LOL. You can get an Alpine 6 disc changer for abour $250-275, and then a magicgate adaptor for $60-70. The BMW OEM changers are supposedly alpine. Install took board members maybe 10-15 minutes at most, but I was the lazy one and asked the stereo shop to do it for free :)

Total out of pocket w/ installation was $375 ... not bad.

nyvr6
11-09-2005, 08:19 PM
If you have dsp you need two modules to make it work much more expensive due to the digital sound processor