PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good price?

bmwozone
05-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Hello All,
I'm new to 5 Series.... moving up from 328i.

I'm looking at 2007 525i CPO w/ ZPP, ZCW and Xenon for $27,500 34K miles.

Do you guy thing it's a good price?

Thanks,
NB

TRS550
05-21-2010, 05:15 AM
At quick glance it seems to be a decent price. One thing to consider.... You need to find out the in service date for the car. Given it's a 2007, if the car had an in service date of say June 2006, then you could have very little of your original warranty left, despite having only 34K miles on it.

sunburst1
05-21-2010, 05:48 AM
At quick glance it seems to be a decent price. One thing to consider.... You need to find out the in service date for the car. Given it's a 2007, if the car had an in service date of say June 2006, then you could have very little of your original warranty left, despite having only 34K miles on it.

Why would that matter on a CPO car? There should be nothing to worry about , if BMW did their job.

The CPO extends the original warranty another 2 years or 50K. In my case with an in service date of March 2007 the car's warranty runs through March 2013 or 100K miles.

Beside regular maintenance there's nothing else you have to "pay" for except for the $50 deductible when/if something dose go wrong.

The E60 BMW sold me shouldn't "need" any service till next year.

GoRavens
05-21-2010, 06:35 AM
Hello All,

Thanks,
NB

I do not think it is a good price. I paid only $3K more for mine 4 months ago. It was also CPO... loaded & mint.

HPIA4v2
05-21-2010, 06:58 AM
I do not think it is a good price. I paid only $3K more for mine 4 months ago. It was also CPO... loaded & mint.
+1

A friend of mine bought 2007 530xi in the beginning of the year for about $27k (not CPO and similarly equiped to yours, the mileage is under 30K).
I think you can do a bit better..
Good luck.

bmwozone
05-21-2010, 07:57 AM
The CPO extended till end of 7/2012.

Thank you for all the input.

3Series
05-21-2010, 07:59 AM
CPO doesnt cover "electronics". That's where things get expensive on a repair because an independent mechanic will have a tough time with any repairs and the parts are expensive.

jagu
05-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Why would that matter on a CPO car? There should be nothing to worry about , if BMW did their job.

The CPO extends the original warranty another 2 years or 50K. In my case with an in service date of March 2007 the car's warranty runs through March 2013 or 100K miles.

Beside regular maintenance there's nothing else you have to "pay" for except for the $50 deductible when/if something dose go wrong.

The E60 BMW sold me shouldn't "need" any service till next year.

Wow, you're grossly misinformed about CPO coverage. It doe NOT extend the original warranty of the car. BMW will CPO a car that has been in an accident so far as there was no frame damage and if the repair was done by a BMW certified body shop. CPO does not cover your suspension parts, brakes, Idrive system, just to name a few exceptions.

GoRavens
05-21-2010, 12:03 PM
if the repair was done by a BMW certified body shop..

not sure about that one either. Many times they never know about the accident. BMW will only have a record of it if the car was taken to them for the accident. My dealer said they cannot ensure that the car was in any accidents because many people do not take their car to a BMW dealer if it was in an accident. CarMax has tougher inspection criteria than a BMW CPO.

sunburst1
05-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Wow, you're grossly misinformed about CPO coverage. It doe NOT extend the original warranty of the car. BMW will CPO a car that has been in an accident so far as there was no frame damage and if the repair was done by a BMW certified body shop. CPO does not cover your suspension parts, brakes, Idrive system, just to name a few exceptions.

Might you you that's grossly misinformed.

Right from the BMW Pre-Certified web page.

Protects owner from defects in materials and workmanship as follows:

Engine
Automatic/Manual transmission
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
Steering
Brakes
ABS Brake System
Electrical
Air Conditioning
Heating System
Interior
Exterior
Fuel System
Final Drive Assembly
Propeller Shaft

TRS550
05-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Might you you that's grossly misinformed.

Right from the BMW Pre-Certified web page.

Protects owner from defects in materials and workmanship as follows:

Engine
Automatic/Manual transmission
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
Steering
Brakes
ABS Brake System
Electrical
Air Conditioning
Heating System
Interior
Exterior
Fuel System
Final Drive Assembly
Propeller Shaft

I strongly suggest you read the fine print and educate yourself as to exactly what is NOT covered under the CPO agreement. Even if your reading comprehension skills are only average, I think you'll learn that the CPO coverage is not even remotely close to the original warranty. Otherwise you'll just continue to embarrass yourself.

sunburst1
05-23-2010, 03:52 PM
I strongly suggest you read the fine print and educate yourself as to exactly what is NOT covered under the CPO agreement. Even if your reading comprehension skills are only average, I think you'll learn that the CPO coverage is not even remotely close to the original warranty. Otherwise you'll just continue to embarrass yourself.

Read the fine print of what's not covered.

Knew the CPO warranty didn't cover "upkeep" , "wear and tear" or "accessories". Why would it?

Even , if the CPO is a crock BMW pushes , who cares? They do offer killer finance rates for a used car. That alone is a great savings. Over 4 years only paying $559.78 in interest is a great deal, IMO.

Agreed , my saying the CPO warranty was an extension of the original was grossly misinformed, but it will give me plenty of room to put up a huge beef when/if the time ever comes. I take very good care of my vehicles and will follow BMW's maintenance plan to the letter. BMW will be taking care of all "upkeep" at my expense, and I'll hold them to their end of the deal. :thumbup:

Gahngoo
05-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Hello All,

Thanks,
NB

You can get it several thousand cheaper. They always say that they "have too much in it and are only making a few hundred bucks on the deal... BS! I paid $25,000 out the door for my 07 530 sport w/ 41k miles about 3 months ago. Original warranty until 10/10 too. Asking price was $32,000.:D