PDA

View Full Version : SA doesn't believe me

mikewils
05-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I apologize in advance for the length of the post. Yesterday I got my car back after taking it into Baron in KC for the second time in 3 weeks for the same hesitation/hiccup issue that others are having and that has been discussed in the 545i Transmission Surging thread. The first time, they replaced a broken sleeve that was leaking tranny fluid, after not looking at the car for 3 days. But the hiccups continued so I took it back in again on 5/19. Took them until the next day to look at it and the SA said that they couldnít find anything wrong with it, no codes were being found, and they couldnít recreate the hiccups. I asked him what to do now, because I guarantee that I will come get the car and the next time I drive it at 35-40 mph it will recur. He says the only thing to do is to bring it back in. So I ask him if thereís nothing they can do about looking at the mechatronics or the valve body since I have read about that being the issue with several other peoplesí cars with the same symptoms. And he proceeds to imply that I have been hunting on the internet for an issue that someone else has had so I can say my car has it and that the problem may be all in my head. I was dumbfounded. I understand that they are limited in what they can do if there are no codes and they can't recreate the problem, but telling a customer that they are making something up? Like I really want to bring the car in twice in three weeks with my 6 yr old daughter in tow, move car seats to a loaner, and deal with the basic inconvenience. Iíve never had a problem with Baron service before, and this SA is somewhat new, but holy crap! Needless to say, I had a long talk with the service manager when I picked up the car. Anyone ever have an SA do this? And I can't go to a different dealer because Baron is the only one in KC and the car is CPO still. Wow.

jagu
05-21-2010, 11:15 AM
It was very rude and unprofessional of him to accuse you of hunting for issues. Make sure you give him all 1s on the service survey. Go somewhere else next time, I don't think he is ready to help you.

I have mentioned bimmerfest several times to my SA and he's never said anything like that to me. I also mentioned it to the shop foreman who said he comes here sometimes. He even did everything to get me a new engine

bbal
05-21-2010, 12:50 PM
I go to Baron and have had good service there...Chris Bridges helps me. I recommend him. I also live in OP...I'm the blue wagon. Usually too fast to see.

mikewils
05-21-2010, 01:02 PM
I'll use Charles or Chris from now on. Charles has been great with my wife's X5. Russ used to be my SA but I don't think he's there anymore, or at least he isn't an SA.

I've seen your car a few times, bbal. It doesn't have the 535 badge, right? Have you had any HPFP issues? Curious how Baron has handled those so far.

skylolow
05-21-2010, 03:17 PM
There is a thread on this board or 5series.net about the surge issue and someone who either worked at or knew someone at ZF said its something that they know about and its unfixable. Some cars seem to do it more(feel it more) then others.

It's in old thread I know that. I looked at it when I orginally bought my car and was doing research.

E92-Lighting
05-21-2010, 03:34 PM
usually they never do

bbal
05-21-2010, 05:37 PM
I'll use Charles or Chris from now on. Charles has been great with my wife's X5. Russ used to be my SA but I don't think he's there anymore, or at least he isn't an SA.

I've seen your car a few times, bbal. It doesn't have the 535 badge, right? Have you had any HPFP issues? Curious how Baron has handled those so far.

Yeah, that's me. No issues yet on this one knock on wood...I had the exact same car as a 2008 and it was bought back for fuel system issues as well as an exploding sunroof that completely messed the car up. They have always been good to work with, however with my previous X5 the steering wheel would vibrate very badly when braking at high speed...they checked it out twice without being able to duplicate it as they like to say. I finally had the manager go for a ride and showed him; then it got somewhere (warped rotors that had just been installed). My take on car service (as someone who has to do diagnosis as a job) is that there is not always a logical diagnostic path that they use when troubleshooting. They often just start poking around. I would gather as much info as you can from this and other forums and then go back and discuss it with the manager. How many miles driving 35-40mph do you think it would take to make the problem show up?

JerseyGeorge
05-21-2010, 07:52 PM
I fail to see the SA's point. You research on the net for known issues with our cars to come up with answers and he points this out as a bad thing:dunno: Use a different SA or go to another dealer.