PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Alignment in SFO Bay Area

WAM
11-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Can anybody recommend an independent place to get whhels aligned, preferably on the Peninsula of the SFO Bay Area.

Thanks

jvr826
11-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Can anybody recommend an independent place to get whhels aligned, preferably on the Peninsula of the SFO Bay Area.

Thanks

I don't know of anyplace on the penninsula, but I have personal experience with Weatherford BMW in Berkeley and they do a fantastic job with alignments. A while back I had my '99 528i into Wheel Works for tires and an alignment. They botched the alignment so badly that the car was unsafe to drive. Weatherford got it dialed in and the car handled better than it ever did, even when it was new.

From what I know, the key is to weigh the car down to the appropriate suspension height (markeings on car) and use the correct equipment.

kster
11-14-2003, 01:38 PM
There is no way I'd go to a dealer for any kind of service unless it was free. And even with free service, I get nervous dropping my car off. For alignments, I go to Roger Kraus Racing in Casto Valley. If you want a shop that specializes in BMW, try Rennwerks in Mountain View (although they are expensive).