: 2008 535xi end of lease purchase

05-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Hello members
New to forum-hope to get some feedback
1-Had 530 + 540 and now 2008 535xi with nav,premium pkg, cold weather pkg
2-Lease up-have it for 2 1/2 yrs-only 18k miles-no issues
3-Can buy car from dealer-reduced resid by $6k-sale price will be $33500 + tax
4-No other dealer came close
5-Sounds like a good deal to me
6-Read threads on hpfp-but never had a problem-hope I dont get one
7-Dont think i'll cpo-just buy for cash
8-Wait 1 1/2 yrs and get extended warranty
9-Alternate choice to lease 2010 535xi with same features if there are any left-quoted $800 incl tax
10-Intend to keep it for 4-5 yrs-10-12k miles per year-by that time have 70k miles on car with some equity.

Any thoughts as to which is better -

Thank you

05-24-2010, 06:26 AM
Just curious - any reason you are not considering the new 5-series as an option?

05-24-2010, 09:32 AM
thank you
Leasing new 535xi-2010-is option-luv my 535xi-no problems at 18k miles-only had 2 1/2 yr lease-usually put on more milage-thought with low milage might be better to buy at end of lease for $33500 plus tx rather than lease 2010 535xi for $800 pm incl tax
any feedback appreciated

05-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Very good price, plus you are familiar with the machine and NEVER had fuel system issues. IT's A BUY!:thumbup:

05-24-2010, 12:31 PM
What kind of interest rate is BMWFS offering you to buy? This would help my decision one way or the other.

05-24-2010, 01:28 PM
BMW gave me 1.9% for 48 months at the beginning of this month on a CPO '07 525xi. :)

05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
I was offered .9% for 24 months if I certify car but I think I would pay all cash

05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
.9 percent is a gift why put all your cash in a depreciating asset!:dunno:

05-24-2010, 07:41 PM
I think in order to get the low financing for 2 yrs the dealer must certify car-i think cost approx $1700-must check again + datascan estimated minor scratches on front and rear bumper at $800-dealer said he could do it for less-scratches dont bother me now - my thought is buy my car as is-no financing-wait 1 1/2 yrs left on warranty and maintenance and extend warranty and maintenance (maybe) at that time.