PDA

View Full Version : Squeal when turning left

mikewils
05-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Another thing that the SA claimed he couldn’t recreate last week is that the front wheels (or could just be the front left, I can’t tell) will squeal when I drive slowly and turn to the left after the car has been driven for 10 min or so. When I turn the wheel back to center or to the right, there is no squeal. Also, the squeal is not constant, but rather a squeal…squeal…squeal kind of thing. The front brake pads were replaced a few weeks ago. Could one of them be loose? You can’t hear it from the car out in the open, but in a parking garage, it is impossible to miss. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Ndokiss
05-25-2010, 09:13 AM
its probably your front brakes wear sensor. When you pads and rotors get worn, it initiates the squeels in the 2nd stage of your sensor. But you said your brakes were replaced recently, were the sensors and rotors replaced?

mikewils
05-25-2010, 12:14 PM
I know the rotors weren't replaced, not sure about the sensors.

Ndokiss
05-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Whenever you replace your pads, you are also to replace your sensors or else that noise may not go away. The wear sensor is located in the front left and rear right wheels. It also feeds info to your CBS on how much brake life you have left. The noise could also come from if the pads where not for lack of better word, greased right to the calipers. The sensors are only about $24 a piece.

Afreidin
05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
In my 2007 550i with active steer, the steering fluid was low and when they refilled it, the noise went away.