PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute...Electrodyne is now a sponsor?

Mr Paddle.Shift
11-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Til this day, I still don't know if the RD sways I bought (together with Kaz's) is a genuine Federico RD or spammy Electrodyne RD. And, Electrodyne has been spamming my email addresses despite my very polite repeated requests to be removed from the list. Anyone else has similar experiences?

operknockity
11-13-2003, 03:17 PM
About 6 months ago I got spammed at several of my e-mail addresses from RD, as did a lot of folks on the BMW Digest and UUC mailing lists. It is quite possible that I signed on for their "newsletter" at some point, but many of the addresses that were spammed we never ever used for that purpose and could only have been obtained by scraping them off of the LA Club web site.

I did try the "remove me" method they provided, and the spamming stopped. For a while. Now I'm getting the Electrodyne spams to all the same addresses. I haven't done the opt-out thingie for these as it seems that all it does if let them know there are live e-mail addresses for them to send more spam.

Argh!

Mr Paddle.Shift
11-13-2003, 09:19 PM
71 views and 1 reply?? :confused:

Yup, Howard, I am almost certain they will spam me again soon.

Emission
11-13-2003, 11:31 PM
71 views and 1 reply?? :confused:

Yup, Howard, I am almost certain they will spam me again soon.

Why don't you e-mail them directly to be removed? I can give you their address if you need it.

BTW, my brother and I each own RD Sways from Electrodyne - and they are both perfect. :thumbup:

Mr Paddle.Shift
11-13-2003, 11:43 PM
Mike, I have emailed them several times. One sales rep even replied to apologize and said that my email has been removed. Then the spamming started the very next day.

I really prefer to know that my sways are made by Alpina now...

The HACK
11-14-2003, 12:12 AM
Do Alpina really make their own sways, or are they sourced from Eibach like AC Schnitzer and Dinan?

Mr Paddle.Shift
11-14-2003, 09:02 AM
FWIK, Alpina uses factory sways and design their suspension system around that.

Maverick88
11-16-2003, 11:29 PM
Til this day, I still don't know if the RD sways I bought (together with Kaz's) is a genuine Federico RD or spammy Electrodyne RD. And, Electrodyne has been spamming my email addresses despite my very polite repeated requests to be removed from the list. Anyone else has similar experiences?
Anyone else think a disclaimer is needed under the sponsor list? :eeps:

One just filled chapter 11, another has "less than desirable" business practices, and last but not least another sells counterfeit products?