PDA

View Full Version : Peeved... Just Peeved...

Booyah24
05-24-2010, 07:56 PM
So, I took my 08' 528i for service today. Unfortunately, I noticed later today that there was a scuff on the driver side fender. It wasnt a large scuff mark but it also looks like someone applied touch up paint to patch it up. I called the service rep and explained the problem and even sent him a picture via email. He proceeded to tell me that 1) this could not have happened at their shop and 2) its not likely that they would use touch up paint to fix it. I indicated to him that this scuff mark was not there prior to bringing in the car to service. Basically, it was my word against his.

I then asked for the service manager and he agreed to look at the video(?) to confirm whether it happened in the shop. I thought it was highly unlikely that they would have surveillance cameras in the service area but I agreed that he should look at the video. I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here and will get stuck with the repair bill. The only thing I can do is stop going to this BMW service center and take my car elsewhere.

Any words of wisdom or suggestions? Has anyone been through something like this? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

ULtimateCajun
05-24-2010, 08:37 PM
I had a similar situation when I had my Mercedes. Took it to the dealer to get a AC vent motor replaced. Walked to get in my car to leave when I noticed a white scuff on my silver paint on my rear bumper and a cracked ash tray cover in my dash. I walked back in, got the service manager to show him. He had a 'oh $hit' look on his face, took my keys, brought it to the back and brought it back 5 minutes later with the scuff gone and informed me that he GLUED the ash tray cover and that i should not use it for at least 3 days. I informed him that I would not be bringing my vehicle back to be serviced at the dealership and recommend that my friends do the same. I found a good import shop that's actually closer to my house and have been happy ever since.

I understand that accidents happen. I understand that they are trying to get things done in a timely fashion. BUT for the money I pay to service and repair my car I expect a little more care.

I find that some of the 'mom and pop' import mechanics are nicer, communicate better, and care more about the beautiful cars they work on.

nwb818
05-24-2010, 09:59 PM
totally agree, when it took my 530i to Center BMW in van nuys, which if anyone from LA is reading this, DO NOT GO THERE, hehe,,, and they took my lug nuts, which were perfectly fine, replacing them with rusty crappy old ones.
damn dealership service centers could care less.