PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Air Conditiong and Heating Air Intakes?

NVJeff
05-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I just acquired a 2008 535i under a Lease Assumption.

The car is in very good shape except for an interior odor, my best guess is the previous owned may have marinated himself and the interior in After Shave or Cologne leaving the interior with a faint, sickly sweet aroma.

I have been researching the best way to remove lingering odor inside the car and it has been suggested that I spray an "odor neutralizer" into the Air Conditiong Intake (while the running the Car and A/C and then spray it into the heater intake while running the heater).

Only problem is I don't know where the air intake is for the A/C or the Heater? Any tips? I checked in my manual and didn't see anything about it.

Any other thoughts or suggestions on removing unwanted interior aroma would be greatler appreciated?

Has anyone found a particular brand or type of odoer neutralizer that works well?

Nube1kenobi
05-25-2010, 12:07 AM
That can be fixed by cleaning the evaporator. The SIB on the foll URL should give you the recommended LYSOL product to use.

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/bulletin_graphic_temp/B640891g.htm

Hogie
06-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Anybody? I know where the cabin air filters are but what about recirc returns in the cabin?