PDA

View Full Version : BMW 530i won't start after battery died and replaced

pauloliu
05-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi,

I'm new, so sorry if I break any rules or customs here. I searched extensively but could not find an answer to my problem. I have a BMW 530i 2004, and the battery seemed to have died today. The car started a bit slower, then in the afternoon, didn't start, and the lights grew dimmer each time I tried to restart. I tried to jump, but it couldn't start. So I took the battery and got it replaced installed it and all lights are on and working.

I tried to start the engine but it couldn't and only gave me a click hum click, then nothing until turn ignition to off and try again, same click hum click. Could it be that my alarm system is locking me out, or is it the starter? If it's the alarm, how can I reset it? Thanks in advance for your help.

MSAMMY
05-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Where did you get your "new" battery from? Are you sure it wasn't sitting on the shelve since the manufacture month/date of your car? Try charging the new battery to see if it's just "flat" from sitting around. If that works, take it back and get another new one that's fully charged. How long have you had this car?

pauloliu
05-28-2010, 08:10 AM
I got it from Autozone. Had it since 2003, it only has 35000

sea335i
02-15-2012, 01:49 PM
pauloliu what was the solution? I have the same issue.