PDA

View Full Version : side view mirror adjustment

sureshot
05-27-2010, 10:59 PM
I have noticed that my passenger side mirror seems to be out of place about once every two weeks.

If i press the memory button, the mirror returns to the programmed position. I only use one key and both memory buttons are programmed for the same thing (park view curb setting disabled).

Any idea what could be causing this? Is this a defective mirror or normal?

RMK
05-28-2010, 09:37 AM
I have had this same problem with my 2008 550i and it has been discussed at length on this forum. Some have had the dealer replace the mirror motor with some success. I've taken it to the dealer who, of course couldn't replicate the problem since it happens over time. Finally, someone on the E60 forum advised that if you go into I-Drive and under the 'central locking" setting (which is a sub menu under vehicle settings) and disable the key memory function, it solves the wandering mirror issue. Of course, it does disable that function but does solve the problem.

sureshot
05-28-2010, 11:29 AM
since i am the only one that uses the car, disabling they key memory in i-drive really won't affect me right?

thanks

DTC-OFF
05-28-2010, 02:49 PM
same thing happened on my 535. I turned off the key memory in i-drive and the probelm went away. im the only one that drives my car, so it didnt affect me at all :)