PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a Bimmerfest '04 (West Coast) ?????????????

Keith
11-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Being's that Jon no longer works for Cutter :cry: , does anybody know if the party will continue. :dunno:
I usually have my Hotel room booked, but I'm wondering if someone will pick up the ball where Jon left it, or do you think Jon will appear and save the day and keep it going??????????? :thumbup:

Anybody?????????????????? :eeps:

Mr. The Edge
11-15-2003, 04:02 PM
yes

bbkat
11-15-2003, 04:07 PM
:repost:

SEARCH is your friend (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41872&highlight=bimmerfest+west)

Parump
11-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Although there are apparently plans for a bimmerfest 2004, it will never been the same without Jon's leadership. Admittedly, I only participated vicariously but Jon's enthusiasm and leadership will never be matched. Since Jon's departure, Cutter has been virtually silent on the board. No circle of doom pictures, unique demos of the video cam captures at the Inifiniti showroom, snubing BMWNA for inconsistent policies regarding posts, and most of all honest opinions! He was always offering to help others even those who were not Cutter customers.

Viva the legacy of Jon Shafer!

TGray5
11-15-2003, 10:29 PM
If Jon's not there, I'm not coming :(

Perhaps it's time for Bimmerfest to be hosted by another dealer?

Mr. The Edge
11-15-2003, 10:50 PM
If Jon's not there, I'm not coming :(

Perhaps it's time for Bimmerfest to be hosted by another dealer?

who says Jon's not gonna be there?

TGray5
11-15-2003, 11:33 PM
who says Jon's not gonna be there?

No one, just saying how I feel about it.

AF
11-16-2003, 06:21 AM
Although there are apparently plans for a bimmerfest 2004, it will never been the same without Jon's leadership. Admittedly, I only participated vicariously but Jon's enthusiasm and leadership will never be matched. Since Jon's departure, Cutter has been virtually silent on the board. No circle of doom pictures, unique demos of the video cam captures at the Inifiniti showroom, snubing BMWNA for inconsistent policies regarding posts, and most of all honest opinions! He was always offering to help others even those who were not Cutter customers.

Viva the legacy of Jon Shafer!

You make a really good point . . . we also get no more inside information any more . . .and no more 'you heard it here first on bimmerfest' :(

Mr. The Edge
11-16-2003, 12:03 PM
You make a really good point . . . we also get no more inside information any more . . .and no more 'you heard it here first on bimmerfest' :(

Ted and Sarafil and our other employees have given us plenty of scoop :dunno:

AF
11-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Ted and Sarafil and our other employees have given us plenty of scoop :dunno:

What board is this stuff being posted to ?

I remember reading that the E90 will be a MY2005 but that was a link in the middle of a thread . . .

Jon Shafer
11-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Being's that Jon no longer works for Cutter :cry: , does anybody know if the party will continue. :dunno:
I usually have my Hotel room booked, but I'm wondering if someone will pick up the ball where Jon left it, or do you think Jon will appear and save the day and keep it going??????????? :thumbup:

Anybody?????????????????? :eeps:

Don't you worry Keith!!!

We are going to have Bimmerfest, and more importantly, we are going
to have a bigger and better post-fest event! I.E. I won't be too "burned
out" to party hardy afterwards next year... ;) :thumbup:

P.S. My wife and I last night cracked open a bottle of Wente
(from the Charles Wetmore Reserve).

THANK YOU!!!!

OBS3SSION
11-17-2003, 02:15 PM
What about a Bimmerfest on the east coast? Not a Bimmerfest East. I went to Bimmerfest East, and was dissapointed. I think us right-siders would really love a "real" Bimmerfest! :thumbup:

(Yes, I brought this up before, and I'm doing it again. :p )

TedW
11-17-2003, 03:47 PM
I remember reading that the E90 will be a MY2005 but that was a link in the middle of a thread . . .

I'm the one who said that I talked to a BMWNA representative who said that the E90 will be a MY2005. This information is not backed up by a bulletin so it is not really a fact at this point. As soon as I have something concrete about the E90 it will be posted.

Ted

Jon Shafer
11-17-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm the one who said that I talked to a BMWNA representative who said that the E90 will be a MY2005. This information is not backed up by a bulletin so it is not really a fact at this point. As soon as I have something concrete about the E90 it will be posted.

Ted

Ted-

You rock! Thanks for keeping the tradition alive... :thumbup:

Keith
11-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Ted-

You rock! Thanks for keeping the tradition alive... :thumbup:

Yes Ted, keep us all informed, but you've got some BIG shoes to fill! :D

Keith
11-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Don't you worry Keith!!!

We are going to have Bimmerfest, and more importantly, we are going
to have a bigger and better post-fest event! I.E. I won't be too "burned
out" to party hardy afterwards next year... ;) :thumbup:

P.S. My wife and I last night cracked open a bottle of Wente
(from the Charles Wetmore Reserve).

THANK YOU!!!!

Sounds GOOOOOOD to me, I look forward to hanging out with you and
Mrs. Schaf. again :thumbup:

Sooo, it sounds like your ready for some "new" stuff, reds again, or would you care for some whites to tempt your tastebuds?

Oh, by the way, I tried your "home" email address a couple weeks ago and it came back saying no good, true? :dunno:

Keep in touch,

Keith
11-17-2003, 08:03 PM
What about a Bimmerfest on the east coast? Not a Bimmerfest East. I went to Bimmerfest East, and was dissapointed. I think us right-siders would really love a "real" Bimmerfest! :thumbup:

Eric, I think you and some other true Bimmer enthusiasist's (did I spell that right) should jump on a plane and come out for the weekend and enjoy beautiful Santa Barbara and Bimmerfest '04, you wouldn't regret, believe me. :thumbup:

About 30 cars from the San Francisco/Bay Area make our 5 hour trek south onThurs. and prepare for the "really big show" on Saturday.

Think about it, it could be a "mini" vacation.

OBS3SSION
11-18-2003, 05:47 AM
Eric, I think you and some other true Bimmer enthusiasist's (did I spell that right) should jump on a plane and come out for the weekend and enjoy beautiful Santa Barbara and Bimmerfest '04, you wouldn't regret, believe me. :thumbup:

About 30 cars from the San Francisco/Bay Area make our 5 hour trek south onThurs. and prepare for the "really big show" on Saturday.

Think about it, it could be a "mini" vacation.

Bimmerfest without my Bimmer? :eek:

AF
11-18-2003, 06:38 AM

Ted

Good going Ted :thumbup: The only thing you might want to change is when you get an annoucement, you should post it in the board so that we can all beaware of it.

For example, any news on the E90 should get it's own thread in the 3 series board . . .

Any news you post is greatly appreciated and you will notice a big response from the board members thanking you for it :thumbup:

TedW
11-18-2003, 07:31 AM
Good going Ted :thumbup: The only thing you might want to change is when you get an annoucement, you should post it in the board so that we can all beaware of it.

For example, any news on the E90 should get it's own thread in the 3 series board . . .

Any news you post is greatly appreciated and you will notice a big response from the board members thanking you for it :thumbup:

I'll be sure to do that. Thank you for the insight and advice. I welcome any suggestions from any of you.

Ted

ff
11-18-2003, 11:15 AM

...and what about the middle coast? We in the midwest are continually shafted when it comes to Bimmer meets and events. I'm yet to hear of one within 1000 miles of where I live. :cry:

OBS3SSION
11-19-2003, 05:52 AM
Well, I think it's been said before... let's have 2, 3, 4... or however many Bimmerfests we need, have them on the same weekend, and webcast between them.