PDA

View Full Version : Let there be light...

johnlew
11-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Lighting up the night with the garage...about four feet of the fixtures are covered up at the front of the garage since the doors are up.

AF
11-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Man is that bright :cool: :thumbup:

Toast
11-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Nice and big garage. :D

jvr826
11-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Lighting up the night with the garage...about four feet of the fixtures are covered up at the front of the garage since the doors are up.

How many, and what type of fixtures and bulbs are you using in there?

I'm in the process of completely remodeling my garage from floor to ceiling, including new lighting and electrical. The garage will double as a workshop and research shows I should use C-50 florescent bulbs.

My garage is 19x21 and I was thinking 6 4' fixtures for general lighting, and 1 over the workbench on a separate switch.

johnlew
11-17-2003, 06:43 AM
How many, and what type of fixtures and bulbs are you using in there?

I'm in the process of completely remodeling my garage from floor to ceiling, including new lighting and electrical. The garage will double as a workshop and research shows I should use C-50 florescent bulbs.

My garage is 19x21 and I was thinking 6 4' fixtures for general lighting, and 1 over the workbench on a separate switch.

There are seven 8ft, 2 bulb fixtures with cold weather ballasts and high output bulbs, two over each car space and one over the workbench. I can look tonight at which they specifically are, if you like. If you do a search, there is plenty of discussion on garage lighting and I believe Pinecone has been quite specific. I'd go with eight footers if possible.

BlackChrome
11-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Wish my garage was as bright as that!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p0a69cc13132fdb9a74e536a83282b324/fc8597be.jpg

Sorry to hijack this thread but where did you find this 330i??? Do they make a 330Ci???

AB
11-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Nice and big garage. :D

That is an understatement!

You might get tired of us talking about your garage John, but it really is ALL THAT. :thumbup:

jvr826
11-17-2003, 09:56 PM
There are seven 8ft, 2 bulb fixtures with cold weather ballasts and high output bulbs, two over each car space and one over the workbench. I can look tonight at which they specifically are, if you like. If you do a search, there is plenty of discussion on garage lighting and I believe Pinecone has been quite specific. I'd go with eight footers if possible.

Thanks John! I did the search and found alot of information. Because my ceiling has exposed beams, I'm thinking I need to stick with the 4' fixtures, and the design I had in mind seems to be right on for my space too.

BTW, your garage is quite impressive, especially the lack of clutter.

If I ever build my dream house, it will be a 1 bedroom with a 10 car garage on 50 acres. Until then, the one I'm remodeling will have to do. :D

hts
11-17-2003, 11:44 PM
Heck,

I wish my *house* was as nice as JL's garage.

:-(