PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Integration

jpd330
11-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Apologies if this has been asked before...

I just picked up my 2004 330Ci and wanted to know if there is a way to make my cell phone (which does NOT have Bluetooth capabilities) work with the steering wheel controls in my car. I'd like to have a cradle in the car that connects the phone (when placed in it) to the car so that I can talk using the microphone that I think is located near the moonroof control and use the stereo speakers to listen.

If there a third party solution to this? I'm told the BMW solution is expensive and requires that you use their phone. I would assume a lot of people are in my position: have an existing non-Bluetooth phone and would really like to make it work with the steering wheel controls, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- John

Pinecone
11-17-2003, 05:56 AM
Not that anyone has found.

Kaz
11-17-2003, 12:08 PM
I believe it was SARAFIL who mentioned that there is now a generic v60 interface available. I don't know if it allplies to all models or just the E65/66, though.

But for other phones, you are definitely SOL.

Alan C.
11-17-2003, 08:54 PM
What you are asking can be done but it is not easy and will only allow for audio system muting on calls and will let you use the volume controls on the steering wheel to raise and lower incoming volume. To see how it was done on a MY 2000 530 look at:
http--www.bmwtips.com-tipsntricks-nokiaphon-nokiaphone2.htm

Keep in mind this was done on an E39 prior to the change to the new bluetooth wiring. There are people who have done it with the new wiring as well, but, again, it is not easy.

I just got rid of my AT&T TDMA phone and switched to GSM so I could get a bluetooth phone.

If there is any way for you do bluetooth, you should! Not only can you use all the buttons on the steering wheel, but it shows caller ID on the dash and dials with a voice recognition system.