PDA

View Full Version : Lease question

RChoudry
11-17-2003, 02:43 AM
What do you guys think is the absolute best time of year for money factors and residuals? I figure end of model year for clearance rates. The problem with this coming year is that 2005 may have a model change. I was wondering when it would be best to get a great deal on an e46 before they're all gone. Right now, the money factor looks okay but the residuals suck.

SARAFIL
11-17-2003, 07:49 AM
What do you guys think is the absolute best time of year for money factors and residuals? I figure end of model year for clearance rates. The problem with this coming year is that 2005 may have a model change. I was wondering when it would be best to get a great deal on an e46 before they're all gone. Right now, the money factor looks okay but the residuals suck.
Best time is usually late spring/early summer. That is when sales tend to get soft as some people start to contemplate waiting for the next model year. If you wait too long, rates go up again, and residuals fall in the crapper. Just take a look at what happened September 1st, for example. Marketing allowances were put in place, but in exchange, the money factor shot up alot, and the residuals fell. Even with the extra discount, lease prices were still higher.

My recommendation is any time from June-August.

And, FWIW, we still have no official notification that an E46 replacement will be out next fall. On the contrary, we knew well in advance when the E60 and E65 were coming out. I'd still put my money on the E46 replacement as a 2006 model.