PDA

View Full Version : ZHP-Z4 pics

KU Ned
11-17-2003, 05:26 PM
My brother just moved back from California so we finally got to introduce our cars to each other!

We really have not had a chance to get the cars out and play with them together to note the differences and similarities. I drove home with him from Las Vegas in the Z4. I am really impressed in the ride compared to his Z3 2.5. The Z rides so much lower than the 330 ZHP. It is stiff but not harsh at all. I felt like was sitting on a phone book the first time I got back in my car after driving his.

A few minor observations: the getrag in the Z4 seems to slip in and out of gear easier. It is as or more precise as the ZHP but definately has a different feel. The Z4 clutch has a shorter throw and lighter feel than the clutch pedal in the 330.

The sound system in the Z4 may actually sound better with the top down than up.

A Z4 with run flats is not the best car to have when crossing Vail Pass in the snow. (see picture below).

KU Ned
11-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Just few more including one of our wheels with my dad's C32 in the background and the picture in my rear door window.

Andy
11-17-2003, 05:36 PM
There sits two of the most beautiful models in the BMW line up... in my opinion. The AMG looks pretty sweet too.

Thanks for the pics. :thumbup:

KU Ned
11-17-2003, 05:43 PM
Vail pass out the windshield of the Z4 at SLOW speeds along with the dessert at well over 95 mph!

Soupcan325i
11-17-2003, 05:44 PM
I can see that your family has nice cars...but where's the love? Donde esta el amor?

PhilH
11-17-2003, 05:46 PM
Nice pics. :thumbup:

KU Ned
11-17-2003, 05:48 PM
I can see that your family has nice cars...but where's the love? Donde esta el amor?Here's the love!!! (Esta el amor!!)

As many of you may remember, I took the delivery of my car in May and Evan came into my wife and my life in June.

The Roadstergal
11-17-2003, 05:50 PM
Neat-o! :thumbup:

AF
11-17-2003, 06:10 PM
Awesome pics of the cars (and the baby :thumbup: )

How does the C32 feel compared to the ZHP ? I always liked the C32, it's supposed to be an animal !!!

Also, I see you guys like cars in the silver family :)

KU Ned
11-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Awesome pics of the cars (and the baby :thumbup: )

How does the C32 feel compared to the ZHP ? I always liked the C32, it's supposed to be an animal !!!

Also, I see you guys like cars in the silver family :)The C32 is a beast. I would have bought a used one if the ZHP had not come out when it did. I had one rule from Mom and that was that I had to get a 4-door. I have driven the C32 on the street and track and in both places it is amazing. The C32 suspension is not quite as stiff as the ZHP but it does great on the track. They are very similar in feel other than the auto tranny and additional 115 hp!!

One other reason I didn't get the C32- I am the president of the Kansas City BMW Club and did not think it would be appropriate for me to drive a Mercedes that could run circles around all but the E46 M3 and possibly the M5!;)

I had not really realized that we all have silver cars! This is my first.

Soupcan325i
11-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Here's the love!!! (Esta el amor!!)

As many of you may remember, I took the delivery of my car in May and Evan came into my wife and my life in June.

That answers that...so how long until Evan gets to drive Dad's car?

KU Ned
11-17-2003, 06:23 PM
That answers that...so how long until Evan gets to drive Dad's car?
He is still mastering the yellow steering wheel on his play set in the picture! He has a BMW baby racer that he likes to ride ( I hold his hands on the wheel and we explore the house).

When can I get him into karting?!?!?

racerdave
11-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Wow... I'm amazed at how different Silver-Gray on the ZHP and the "whatever it's called" Gray on the Z4 are side-by-side.

When you see them apart (as I do on the road) they look like they'd be the same color, but when they're next to each other, the color is definitely not the same.

Or do my eyes need to be checked? :)

KU Ned
11-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Wow... I'm amazed at how different Silver-Gray on the ZHP and the "whatever it's called" Gray on the Z4 are side-by-side.

When you see them apart (as I do on the road) they look like they'd be the same color, but when they're next to each other, the color is definitely not the same.

Or do my eyes need to be checked? :)

The Z4 is "Sterling Grey" which has more brown in it than the "Silver Grey" on the 330 which has a little more blue in it.

GSR13
11-17-2003, 07:37 PM
We really have not had a chance to get the cars out and play with them together to note the differences and similarities. I drove home with him from Las Vegas in the Z4. I am really impressed in the ride compared to his Z3 2.5. The Z rides so much lower than the 330 ZHP. It is stiff but not harsh at all. I felt like was sitting on a phone book the first time I got back in my car after driving his.

Nice Cars!

I had a Z4 3.0 Loaner for several days while my car was in service and honestly felt like I was driving a truck when I got back in my car. It was amazing how low the Z4 was, compared to my 330i.

Bobby 325i
11-17-2003, 08:54 PM
Nice pics of the bimmer's and the baby, Ned. The C32 looks awesome. :thumbup:

AF
11-18-2003, 08:06 AM
The C32 is a beast. I would have bought a used one if the ZHP had not come out when it did. I had one rule from Mom and that was that I had to get a 4-door. .

Ned, I can't leave this one alone . .. when referring to 'Mom', you are talking about your wife right :p ?

KU Ned
11-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Ned, I can't leave this one alone . .. when referring to 'Mom', you are talking about your wife right :p ?

"Mom" is definately referring to my wife. Although if it were up to either her or my mother I would be driving an Oldsmobile or something of similar practicality!