PDA

View Full Version : remus question esp. for the Hack...

akbmw81
11-18-2003, 02:03 AM
I've pretty much decided to get the remus exhaust for my car after much researching but I still have some questions that are holding me back. E46Fanatics is trying to get a group buy going for the remus exhaust at $415 and I am soooo tempted to go for it but I want to be sure about what the "Dual Tip Round Flat Angled Edge" exhaust looks like. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124253&perpage=20&pagenumber=2 this link has a picture of one of the E46fanatics members remus if you scroll down about a third of the way...in his last picture though (the side view) i noticed that the exhaust sticks out way too much...is that normal? It doesn't look too great when the exhaust sticks out that much IMO. Can you cut the pipes so that it doesn't stick out like that? And is his exhaust the dual tip round flat angled edge? TIA...

akbmw81
11-18-2003, 02:11 AM
i guess i shoulda done a little bit more research b4 posting...is it right that u can just slide the exhaust in a little more if you don't want it to stick out like that? And usually how much is the install at say Avus or some other place that can install it for me? Thanks...

akbmw81
11-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the pics...the exhaust looks much better on your car without it sticking out...is that the 84mm or the 90mm dual round tip?

e28Will
11-18-2003, 06:13 PM
on a side note, Remus manufactures the exhausts for AC Schnitzer.

NORTH 332
11-19-2003, 03:27 AM
I Just Had That Same Exhaust Installed On My Car And It Looks Badass! No Pics, But I Can Tell You That The Tips Do Not Stick Out Past The Bumper Edge More Than 1". Very Nice Fit! Just Enough To See The Engraved "remus". I've Seen Those Same Pics And Can't Understand Why Those Tips Stick Out So Far. Also, Get Your Rear Resonator Replaced With Straight Pipes! The Sound Is Perfect, Not Too Loud, Not Too Quiet, Awesome At Full Throttle! (westcoastspeed.com) Has It In Stock For $424.00, If You Don't Want To Wait. (part #089000 0588).

vern
11-19-2003, 07:46 AM
There's a slim margin that you can slide the exhaust in and out of. If the exhaust pipe is cut in the right location you have about 1" of movement in either direction, but that will stress the rubber mount bushings.

Here's a shot of mine on my OEM bumpers. As you can see, it doesn't stick out at all.
Looks great!!! Whats with covering up your licence plate??
vern

akbmw81
11-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info North 332... :thumbup:

NORTH 332
11-19-2003, 09:17 PM
NO PROBLEM!!! :thumbup:

akbmw81
11-19-2003, 10:19 PM
BTW...if you don't mind me asking where did u get it installed and how much?

NORTH 332
11-20-2003, 04:18 AM
It Was $20.00 To Hang And Mount The Exhaust And $60.00 For The Custom Fitted Dual Pipes That Replaced The Rear Resonator Back To The Exhaust (labor Included). I Had It Done At Jerl's Muffler In Riverside, Ca (909) 682-7443. Good Shop, Been There Forever. Took Just Under And Hour For Everything. Check Your Pm!

akbmw81
11-20-2003, 02:41 PM
I don't know enough about cars so excuse the newb question, but what does the dual pipes do? What advantage does that have by replacing the rear resonator? Thanks...

doeboy
11-20-2003, 03:06 PM
I don't know enough about cars so excuse the newb question, but what does the dual pipes do? What advantage does that have by replacing the rear resonator? Thanks...

What they are refering to is replacing the rear resonator (noise control device) with dual straight pipes in their place... they may offer a tiny tiny improvement in flow... (although probably not enough to be appreciable)... but I think most of the guys who do this simply do it because it makes the exhaust louder. bleh.

For me, putting on an exhaust to help performance, I'm fine with... if it's a louder exhaust note that happens to come with it... fine... but doing that for the sake of making things louder even though there are not power or performance gains to be had... I'll pass...

I'm still curious if putting on a Remus exhaust will improve engine response any. If it does, cool. But I'm leaving my resonators in.