PDA

View Full Version : Jun: where did you have your tweeters placed in the front...

nealh
11-19-2003, 07:58 AM
Did you have them placed in factory local or in the site by AC vent on the door...

Martymarr at RF suggested by the AC vent in the door for better staging ...the installer recommends factory site...

I am going to use MB Quart Premium PCE-213 2 way component set...so have said these can be kinda harsh, bright so Martymarr suggested placing them in the door location to be closer to the woofer and "farther" from my ear...

Thanks for any inputs

BTW my setup to be installed in 2 weeks

Front MB quart PCE 213
JL audio 500/5 amp
JL audio 10W3v2 sub in a boxed enclosure

jun
11-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Did you have them placed in factory local or in the site by AC vent on the door...

Martymarr at RF suggested by the AC vent in the door for better staging ...the installer recommends factory site...

I am going to use MB Quart Premium PCE-213 2 way component set...so have said these can be kinda harsh, bright so Martymarr suggested placing them in the door location to be closer to the woofer and "farther" from my ear...

Thanks for any inputs

BTW my setup to be installed in 2 weeks

Front MB quart PCE 213
JL audio 500/5 amp
JL audio 10W3v2 sub in a boxed enclosure

My tweets were installed in the door.

jun
11-19-2003, 03:36 PM
http://streeteffectz.com/jun540/index.html

nealh
11-19-2003, 04:30 PM
http://streeteffectz.com/jun540/index.html

Thanks

it seems like the door maybe a better place to put the tweeters then....

I guess you like the way they sound?

I love where they put the bass control knob..perfect place

jun
11-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks

it seems like the door maybe a better place to put the tweeters then....

I guess you like the way they sound?

I love where they put the bass control knob..perfect place

Oh yeah.. It is more than what I was expecting. My previous car was a 2001 330ci with a/d/s 345 components, 2 a/d/s 10 inch subs, rockford fosgate 100/4 amp for the main speakers, and a rockford fosgate bd500 for the 2 subs and also a Phoenix Gold Bass cube.. Granted I was using different brands of speakers and amps, but their power ratings are almost identical. In my 330ci, I have my gain setting fairly high, my bass knob at full, my bass setting from the head unit at almost full, but the bass output is nowhere near from what I have right now. I am very satisfied with what I have in my car. It might not be a looker, but it sounds very good.

nealh
11-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah.. It is more than what I was expecting. My previous car was a 2001 330ci with a/d/s 345 components, 2 a/d/s 10 inch subs, rockford fosgate 100/4 amp for the main speakers, and a rockford fosgate bd500 for the 2 subs and also a Phoenix Gold Bass cube.. Granted I was using different brands of speakers and amps, but their power ratings are almost identical. In my 330ci, I have my gain setting fairly high, my bass knob at full, my bass setting from the head unit at almost full, but the bass output is nowhere near from what I have right now. I am very satisfied with what I have in my car. It might not be a looker, but it sounds very good.

I realize you do not have MB quart speakers but do you feel the door placement of the tweeter is better..is that what you installer suggested?

jun
11-21-2003, 06:39 AM
I realize you do not have MB quart speakers but do you feel the door placement of the tweeter is better..is that what you installer suggested?

Actually, I just found out after the fact. I trust my installer anyways that he knows what he is doing. He is a very recognized installer in the area and some of his cars have been featured in magazines. In fact, that is how I came to know about him. I saw a BMW 328ci in one of the car stereo magazine that he has done. when I came up to his place, I saw that 328ci in person and am totally amazed by it. Look at his website and see some of his works;

www.streeteffectz.com

nealh
11-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Actually, I just found out after the fact. I trust my installer anyways that he knows what he is doing. He is a very recognized installer in the area and some of his cars have been featured in magazines. In fact, that is how I came to know about him. I saw a BMW 328ci in one of the car stereo magazine that he has done. when I came up to his place, I saw that 328ci in person and am totally amazed by it. Look at his website and see some of his works;

www.streeteffectz.com

I saw his url already from one of your previous posts very nice work...

The place I am using in Tampa did the McIntosh BMW install in 5 series
here is a link to it
http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/

I think I am going to have them use the door as well ...seems like a good spot

Thanks for everything Jun