PDA

View Full Version : Interesting non option on Pilot

FireFly
11-19-2003, 08:38 AM
My wife is really excited about the X3 and can't wait to take a close up look at one. I'm actually really excited as well, even though I am not much of a fan of SUV's.

I asked her to please take a look at a few other SUV's since there are so many on the market these days. She looked at the Honda Pilot this past weekend. Overall it's a nice vehicle. Kind of plain and boring but they seem to be built well. No real options, other than the Nav system.

One strange thing about the Pilot we did notice (or not notice in this case) is the lack of a sun/moonroof. You simply can't get one on the vehicle.

Now my wife absolutely has to have a moonroof. In fact, on her Explorer she had the dealer install an aftermarket sliding moonroof before she would take delivery. Several years later no leaks and no problems. But you can't even install an aftermarket in the Pilot :(

So then she goes on line to the BMW site and low and behold notices the panarama moonroof on the X3- gotta have it! Talk about a contrast between the two vehicles!

KatanaPilot
11-19-2003, 06:13 PM
One strange thing about the Pilot we did notice (or not notice in this case) is the lack of a sun/moonroof. You simply can't get one on the vehicle.

Yup, I agree it is an interesting decision Honda made.
They did the same thing with the 1st gen CRV; no sunroof available.

No one really knows why Honda does it this way; they obviously know how to put a sunroof/moonroof in their cars. My guess is that every model year they would introduce a few more goodies/upgrade their cars in order to maintain a high interest level in their cars. Look for a sunroof in the Pilot in 3 or 4 years.

I have the panorama sunroof in my MINI; Honda has no idea how important that panorama sunroof is to me :-)

FireFly
11-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Yup, I agree it is an interesting decision Honda made.
They did the same thing with the 1st gen CRV; no sunroof available.

No one really knows why Honda does it this way; they obviously know how to put a sunroof/moonroof in their cars. My guess is that every model year they would introduce a few more goodies/upgrade their cars in order to maintain a high interest level in their cars. Look for a sunroof in the Pilot in 3 or 4 years.

I have the panorama sunroof in my MINI; Honda has no idea how important that panorama sunroof is to me :-)

Sales guy said it's because the pillars are up there and there is no way they (or you) could put in a sunroof. Interesting that the MDX is able to get one in there :)