PDA

View Full Version : satellite with SOS

mowgli
11-20-2003, 01:05 PM
If a 3004 330ci is delivered with the SOS "waste" and the shark fin, can an aftermarket Sirrus or XM system be installed? Thanks!

Spectre
11-20-2003, 01:55 PM
If a 3004 330ci is delivered with the SOS "waste" and the shark fin, can an aftermarket Sirrus or XM system be installed? Thanks!Let us know in about a 1000 years, okay? :lmao:

You should be able to install an aftermarket Sirius or XM system in your vehicle, although you may require an adapter to hook into the CD changer hookup or you could also try using an aux-in adapter.

OBS3SSION
11-20-2003, 02:10 PM
I think he might have meant in regard to the antenna placement with the silly shark fin taking up the place on the roof. I've got mine on the back package shelf... and I have metalic tinted windows... and I still get decent reception of my XM. I hear that Sirius reception is a little worse that XM because they don't have the network of terrestrial repeaters to help boost the signal.

You can also put the antenna on the trunk, or elsewhere on the roof.

Pinecone
11-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Someone posted a ist, I think in General. It says you can use it by using the Cab antenna for Sirius, that fits on the trunk lid.

mowgli
11-24-2003, 06:57 PM
Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the radio and phone accessories. I regret at this time, there are no plans to offer the Bluetooth phone kit for your model equipped with BMW Assist. In regards to the Sirius Satellite radio, a retrofit kit for models equipped with BMW Assist is expected to be available sometime in the first quarter of 2004.

nealh
11-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the radio and phone accessories. I regret at this time, there are no plans to offer the Bluetooth phone kit for your model equipped with BMW Assist. In regards to the Sirius Satellite radio, a retrofit kit for models equipped with BMW Assist is expected to be available sometime in the first quarter of 2004.

Once again BMW falls flat..did they warn of this if you got BMW assist..I doubt it...jeez

I have Mercedes with the std assist but refused to pay for there stupid plan..like $250/yr(not bad) but you get 6 min a month connect time then charges to start to rack up..