PDA

View Full Version : PorkChop Turbo versus 325is insurance

Stuka
11-20-2003, 12:42 PM
So barring any last minute complications, I should have the PorkChop Turbo before Christmas. :freakdanc

And yes, it's painted in the fastest color, yellow of course. :thumbup: With yellow painted sports seat backs, and black interior. It's got Alu and Chrome brake handle and shifter, and a CD changer, and that's it.

And yeah, it's got a sunroof. :wahwah: Beggers can't be choosers, since there are no 04 coupes left, and I got one of the last 03's, still with the 10 grand off. :drink:

Now here's the interesting part. The 88 325is costs me $580 every 6 month in insurance, while the PorkChop only costs $890 every 6 month. :confused:

Heck, it costs less to insure the PorkChop than the E46 M3. Must be all them old dudes driving (instead of wrecking) the turbos. For a car costing less than half that of a turbo, M3 sure is expensive to insure. :yikes:

Andy

The Roadstergal
11-20-2003, 01:03 PM
I bet it's drivers like the one who rolled the M3 off of Mulholland and the guy who rolled it on the group drive who raise the insurance on the M3s. :thumbdwn:

Way too easy to get a driver's license in this country... she says, same old mantra.

doeboy
11-20-2003, 02:19 PM
I bet it's drivers like the one who rolled the M3 off of Mulholland and the guy who rolled it on the group drive who raise the insurance on the M3s. :thumbdwn:

Way too easy to get a driver's license in this country... she says, same old mantra.

Agreed.

Hey Stuka! Don't forget the pics! :p :D

Kaz
11-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Pics? Who cares about pics? You don't want photographic evidence of your vehicle floating around in public. Besides, I want a test drive, not some pics of a car I can see every day.

doeboy
11-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Pics? Who cares about pics? You don't want photographic evidence of your vehicle floating around in public. Besides, I want a test drive, not some pics of a car I can see every day.

Fine.... :rolleyes: :p

Jeff_DML
11-20-2003, 04:17 PM
not fair, I got to be in the same run group as a turbo :cry:

:p , congrats

yep I found out about the 911 vs m3 insurance too except I cannot afford a 911 instead of a m3 :(

The HACK
11-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Um, the car is somewhere on the other side of the country right now. :rolleyes:

Bobby 325i
11-20-2003, 08:34 PM
Congrats on the Turbo:thumbup:. My friends father has a Speed Yellow turbo with black leather, wood trim, Yellow fiberglass seatbacks and the full leather dash. Car is amazing:D

e28Will
11-21-2003, 09:06 AM
congrats on getting the turbo. (isn't it awesome that of all the cars out there with turbo's that the 911 turbo is the only one known simply as the turbo? :D )

-did you happen to get the Porsche tequipment sports exhaust? dunno if it's available for turbo. but for other 911's It is the definitive sport exhaust system available from the factory imho. It sounds soooo good, deep and throaty, and when you give it some stick it just wails "get outta my way!!". I love how they tuned it so during highway cruising (~3k-4.5k rpm), it goes into the regular mode and is almost whisper quiet, and the fact that you have a dash mounted switch to turn it on/off. ...those crafty guys. :D

enjoy (doesn't that suck that the alum brake/shifter was like a $800 option?)

SergioK
11-21-2003, 09:21 AM

I'm with Kaz on this one... but Stuka might have issues with me driving his car, or shall I say with me not wanting to remove myself from the drivers' seat thereafter! :banana: :D :D

pdz
11-21-2003, 10:28 AM
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratulations, stuka-boy.