PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think about the 2004 X5 facelift?

carfan
11-20-2003, 10:40 PM
What do you all think about the 2004 X5 facelift?

e28Will
11-20-2003, 11:10 PM
after being around them all day long, i like how bmw is linking the older x5 with the more current (facelifted 3, z4, 7, 5) models. The new kidneys with the stylized vanes help quite a bit in pulling off the facelift .i really really dislike the 'cheap' looking/feeling steering wheel they decided to use. -I'm also not a big fan of the z4 steering wheel (in terms of style, i dont like it -looks cheap with the painted plastic 'arms'; in terms of functionality, the only complaint is that the instrument cluster doesn't tilt with the wheel.

Jason 325i Step
11-20-2003, 11:16 PM
its ugly! :flipoff: i know where you live :thumbup:

JetBlack330i
11-21-2003, 02:57 AM
I haven't seen one yet. What does it look like?

ChadS
11-21-2003, 04:40 AM
I think it looks good; it enhances the look of the SUV and like e28Will said it links it to the newer redesigns. My sister must like it too, she just bought an '04 X5 3.0 on Monday. :)

carfan
11-21-2003, 07:38 AM
I think it looks good; it enhances the look of the SUV and like e28Will said it links it to the newer redesigns. My sister must like it too, she just bought an '04 X5 3.0 on Monday. :)

Iím glad you guys seem to like it. I really have enjoyed mine and I think it is a good looking SUV. It is also very safe, I had an accident 2 summers ago and now I swear by their safety. Well it was fixed, but now my lease is almost up and I ordered a new one. Iím really excited about it. It blk saph, on truffle brown leather, steptronic, prem pkg, rear climate pkg, and xenonís. I got rid of the cold weather pkg from the old one. Let me know what u think. Whatís your sisterís going to look like?

Jeff_DML
11-21-2003, 12:02 PM
looks good to me for a SUV, new power ridge on the hood makes it more SUV-ish. I like the angel eyes too :flipoff:

didnt look at the interior

ChadS
11-21-2003, 05:45 PM
didnt look at the interior

Interior is basically the same. AFAIK, the only thing that has changed is the steering wheel with the sport package. My sister got black leather with the new Anthracite Black Maple wood and it looks really good.

Here is a picture I took earlier today at the office with my camera phone.

http://www.s-m-g.com/images/image041.jpg

ssabripo
11-25-2003, 07:30 AM
I think it looks AWESOME!!! I've parked mine in side by side with a friend at work who has an '02 4.4i jet black, and mine looks a million times better and more aggresive.....I'm sure the 4.6is rims help though :D :bigpimp:

here is a couple of examples:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22098
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22107

carfan
11-25-2003, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=ssabripo]I think it looks AWESOME!!! I've parked mine in side by side with a friend at work who has an '02 4.4i jet black, and mine looks a million times better and more aggresive.....I'm sure the 4.6is rims help though :D :bigpimp:

WOW, looks awesome!!, mine not gonna be that nice lol. Only the 3.0 and not sport pkg. But im still excited :)