PDA

View Full Version : got an apology from Crevier's email scheduling department...

car_for_mom
11-21-2003, 02:34 PM
About a week ago, I attempted to make an appointment at Crevier through their email reservation on their website. After three days, I'd heard nothing, so I called and got a reservation right away (with a loaner; teasingly, I asked for an M5; the lady seriously said she'd ask. Stupidly, I said I was joking - I should have pursued it; oh, well :cry: )

I just got an apologetic email from Crevier; they're redesigning their website, and service reservations made through the web weren't picked up. I thought it was kind of decent of them to do that.

Sooo, on 8 December, Karl Bimmer will be going in for 1. Brake Pad Wear Indicator 2. Right Headlamp Indicator 3. Inspection I, because he will have 30,000 miles by then (currently at 28,079 miles, 44,926 kilometers). It will be a year :yikes: - 30,000 miles in a year! :sabrina:

Confession: I was a little taken aback about the brake pad wear, because I had something like 85-90,000 miles on the Camry before the brakes needed replacing. However, what really helped was doing a search on brakes in bimmerfest.com, and reading that 27,000 is about right for the pads to be replaced, because of their superior stopping ability.

Emission
11-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Confession: I was a little taken aback about the brake pad wear, because I had something like 85-90,000 miles on the Camry before the brakes needed replacing. However, what really helped was doing a search on brakes in bimmerfest.com, and reading that 27,000 is about right for the pads to be replaced, because of their superior stopping ability.

After two 3-series BMW's, I was blown away when my Passat needed new rear pads AND ROTORS at just 22,000 miles! Some cars eat brakes.

MR325iT
11-21-2003, 10:33 PM

My fronts (pads and rotors) needed replacement at about 29K, and the rears aren't far behind. For some reason, I didn't get a warning light - just a steady grinding from the front whether I was braking or not.

Hope you're experience with Crevier was better than mine - they got something on my hood when I took it in - made some spots. They started out helpful, but now aren't returning emails or calls about making good on a repair. Bummer, too - they'd been pretty fair (if a little inconsistent) up to that point.

I hit the same snafu you did with their web reservation system - tried to make an appointment online, but after 2-3 days with no response I just called.