PDA

View Full Version : Guess whose car this is????

Jon Shafer
11-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Hint: he's a moderator

Toast
11-21-2003, 11:46 PM
ScottN2Retro? :dunno: (Sorry if I misspelled the handle...) :D

The Roadstergal
11-22-2003, 12:02 AM
That's had a repaint!

philippek
11-22-2003, 10:29 AM
The new graphics look great Scott!

nate
11-22-2003, 11:00 AM
mine!

Cliff
11-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Hint: he's a moderator

:wow: :thumbup: :bow:

JonW
11-23-2003, 04:02 PM
Mmmmmm... that looks really, really nice! :thumbup:

Scott ought to have a blast with that. :D

(As the quest for my track car continues...)

doeboy
11-24-2003, 01:24 AM
Scott ought to have a blast with that. :D

I believe he already has... :D

xs3x
11-24-2003, 02:09 AM
I believe he already has... :D

jon, did you get some HM2s? i happened to cruise by Cutter last week for a carwash nearby, and saw a same colored car as yours with OEM aero kit and HM2s!

doeboy
11-24-2003, 03:10 AM
jon, did you get some HM2s? i happened to cruise by Cutter last week for a carwash nearby, and saw a same colored car as yours with OEM aero kit and HM2s!

Me? nope... still running the M68s... need to save for some BBS rims... :eeps:

I don't have an aero kit either... :dunno:

car_for_mom
11-24-2003, 07:12 AM
Ah! Am I looking at the Bimmerfest 2004 Rally Pace Car?????? :thumbup:

Jon Shafer
11-24-2003, 08:29 AM

Hey J-

Thay wasn't my car (I no longer own an E46 Cpe).... :(

That car is a C.P.O. - super-clean, super-low-mi.

I do miss my 328Ci badly, though.

Jon Shafer
11-24-2003, 08:30 AM

I hadn't thought of that yet.... :thumbup:

scottn2retro
11-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Jon, thanks for introducing the Irvine BMW / Goodyear (and, of course, Bimmerfest.com Racing) M3 to the forums. It was fun as always to hook up with you in SB.

And doeboy is right about having a blast. :D We took her up to Laguna Seca for a little workout where Bimmerfest members (and BMW CCA driving instructors) Raffi, Sergiok and Lee got to do some laps (with HACK and myself riding shotgun) and really liked the car. Even if WhatApex?! did fly by us in his e46 M3 :)

phillippek - be sure to let Sebastion know how great the car looks :thumbup: You would think decals are a simple thing, but we spent a lot of hours on getting them measured and made.

Rgal - Alex did get the front lip painted, but we just basically did a clay/polish/wax on the hood. And we just picked up a few new rock chips on the hood this weekend :cry:

car_for_mom - that is an idea :thumbup: - we'll have to see where Jon puts it on display and if we can get it out for the road rally.

The HACK
11-24-2003, 11:35 AM

No one is going to be able to keep up with it. :eeps:

Let's just say, this morning drivin to work my car feels like a freakin' Camry, I kept wondering if the seats will adjust lower, and why it takes so long to get to 70mph despite the fact my foot is PLANTED to the floor.

But then I remembered I didn't have a huge headache after getting out of the car, and that there aren't marks were the carbon fiber seats pinched on my @ss, and it didn't feel like the car was going to rattle apart when I go over the lane dividers. :D

By the way, SergioK needs to check his underwear after driving the car. :thumbup:

Y'all will be seeing it more and more at local driving events and club races near California. Personally I think Scott got a steal.

doeboy
11-24-2003, 11:50 AM
No one is going to be able to keep up with it. :eeps:

Uh... remember all the E46 M3s that were there? :dunno:

Let's just say, this morning drivin to work my car feels like a freakin' Camry, I kept wondering if the seats will adjust lower, and why it takes so long to get to 70mph despite the fact my foot is PLANTED to the floor.

Time to change your seats and put an SC in there man! :rofl:

By the way, SergioK needs to check his underwear after driving the car. :thumbup:

As I recall he was probably showing his "O" face if you could see behind the full-face helmet... "oh... oh.. oh...." :lmao: :bustingup

The HACK
11-24-2003, 11:57 AM
Uh... remember all the E46 M3s that were there? :dunno:

:rolleyes:

Yeah, only if WhatApex?! is driving. I've drivne E46 M3s and this car, and trust me, no E46 M3 will keep up with it, especially not in the twisties.

doeboy
11-24-2003, 12:02 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah, only if WhatApex?! is driving. I've drivne E46 M3s and this car, and trust me, no E46 M3 will keep up with it, especially not in the twisties.

Really? That's quite impressive if it's got enough straightline speed to hold them off....

in the twisties of course the race car hands down....

The HACK
11-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Really? That's quite impressive if it's got enough straightline speed to hold them off....

in the twisties of course the race car hands down....

Not sure in the straights. P/W ratio on the race car is about 10.71, P/W ratio on WhatApex?!'s M3 is about 10.21 (BMWUSA specs), but the diff may make up some of that difference. Compared to Stuka's M3 this racer felt faster off the line.

But if we're going on a road rally in this car, not many cars that will show up at Bimmerfest 2004 will be able to keep up, unless ScottN2Retro has another surprise in store for us (think he's trying to pimp to TCKR, detail still rather sketchy...)

scottn2retro
11-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Not sure in the straights. P/W ratio on the race car is about 10.71, P/W ratio on WhatApex?!'s M3 is about 10.21 (BMWUSA specs), but the diff may make up some of that difference. Compared to Stuka's M3 this racer felt faster off the line.

But if we're going on a road rally in this car, not many cars that will show up at Bimmerfest 2004 will be able to keep up, unless ScottN2Retro has another surprise in store for us (think he's trying to pimp to TCKR, detail still rather sketchy...)

Unfortunately (or fortunately for safety sake), that car needs to be driven pretty conservatively on the street because 1) It's almost screaming "hey officer, here I am" and 2) the SoCal roads are going to vibrate the car to pieces. :(

All I can say is WhatApex?! is DAMN fast. But I think it was hard to judge how capable the car is from those sessions. Instructors were driving the car for the first time and depending on how fast the other instructors were pushing their cars, this car may have appeared faster or slower than it would in a race. But there weren't a lot of cars passing it. In the Sun. Afternoon demo session, WhatApex?!, an M5 and a WRX went by us. That was weird seeing that M5 cruise by us on the Rahal Straight (it may have been Louis Goldsman).

SergioK
11-24-2003, 01:11 PM

And I thought my car took turns relatively flat! Even with my PSS-9 kit on full stiff the racecar felt like it was on rails and my car was an SUV!

I didn't want to push it, especially on that track. In fact, I think I was probably at around 6/10ths and I was definitley turning faster laps in that car than in my car at 9/10ths.

One of these days, we'll get some open lapping track time and we'll see what she really can do! :thumbup:

xs3x
11-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey J-

Thay wasn't my car (I no longer own an E46 Cpe).... :(

That car is a C.P.O. - super-clean, super-low-mi.

I do miss my 328Ci badly, though.

:cry: :cry:

scottn2retro
11-24-2003, 04:19 PM
I didn't want to push it, especially on that track. In fact, I think I was probably at around 6/10ths and I was definitley turning faster laps in that car than in my car at 9/10ths.

Hard to go 9/10ths while searching for the helicopter film crew :eeps: :bigpimp:

doeboy
11-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Hard to go 9/10ths while searching for the helicopter film crew :eeps: :bigpimp:
Yours and my 9/10ths may be an instructor's 6/10ths... :) Can you imagine if the car had R-compounds on it? Sergio would not want to leave the seat.

Do you know if the chopper actually got you on camera? That'd be :supdude: sweet if they did! :D

scottn2retro
11-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Yours and my 9/10ths may be an instructor's 6/10ths... :) Can you imagine if the car had R-compounds on it? Sergio would not want to leave the seat.

Do you know if the chopper actually got you on camera? That'd be :supdude: sweet if they did! :D

Over the course of the session, I definitely spotted the chopper over turns 6, 8 and 11 as we were heading towards them. We'll see what footage they end up using. :)

doeboy
11-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Over the course of the session, I definitely spotted the chopper over turns 6, 8 and 11 as we were heading towards them. We'll see what footage they end up using. :)

Somehow I don't think that's what the instructors mean when they say look up.... ;) :p :D :rofl:

SergioK
11-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Somehow I don't think that's what the instructors mean when they say look up.... ;) :p :D :rofl:

LOL :bustingup

The HACK
11-25-2003, 10:15 AM
Can you imagine if the car had R-compounds on it?

Even on Goodyear GSD2s (not the new, stickier GSD3s) the way the suspension is setup still makes the car stick to the road like fly to sh*t. I dunno if it's the tires or all the suspensions, but this makes me want to try out their GS-D3s on my car. :thumbup:

SergioK
11-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Even on Goodyear GSD2s (not the new, stickier GSD3s) the way the suspension is setup still makes the car stick to the road like fly to sh*t. I dunno if it's the tires or all the suspensions, but this makes me want to try out their GS-D3s on my car. :thumbup:

I was telling Scott last night that I never once broke the rear end loose or got sideways at all during my laps. Made me think of how much more potential the car had. Maybe I was being conservative though. :dunno:

Lee
11-25-2003, 02:56 PM
I was telling Scott last night that I never once broke the rear end loose or got sideways at all during my laps. Made me think of how much more potential the car had. Maybe I was being conservative though. :dunno:

Well I *know* I was being conservative. The car felt really good, but cars are like people. It takes a little while to get to know them. Last thing I wanted was drama in Scott's brand-new-to-him race car.

In fact, I hope the pictures Hack took while I was driving aren't too boring looking. Thankfully, the corkscrew is a flattering setting. The suspension loads up even if you aren't pushing that hard.

Lee

SergioK
11-25-2003, 03:02 PM
Well I *know* I was being conservative. The car felt really good, but cars are like people. It takes a little while to get to know them. Last thing I wanted was drama in Scott's brand-new-to-him race car.

In fact, I hope the pictures Hack took while I was driving aren't too boring looking. Thankfully, the corkscrew is a flattering setting. The suspension loads up even if you aren't pushing that hard.

Lee

Yes, I had the same sentiments when I was driving his car, especially given how LS eats up cars. :yikes:

doeboy
11-25-2003, 03:37 PM

Speaking of which... HACK, how did the pics of the racer in action look? :)

The HACK
11-25-2003, 03:43 PM

Well Raffi sure did. I was up at starter when he and Scott went out for a little drive and I saw this white car get WAY out of shape coming out of 11, the tail-end wiggling like a happy little puppy and look like someone was competing for the Nat'l DRIFTING championships. :D

SergioK
11-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Well Raffi sure did.

:nono: :thumbdwn: :nono: :asshole: :banghead: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

scottn2retro
11-25-2003, 11:58 PM

Lee

Sergio and I have seen some of the HACKs photos and there's some nice shots of you driving the car in that section. By that time in the afternoon, the sun was already pretty low, but HACK can do a little PhotoShop magic and they'll turn out great. :)

I would expect some pics to show up soon on the Laguna Seca Track School thread in the Events forum pretty soon.

scottn2retro
12-01-2003, 09:02 AM
Here's a couple of Dan's pics:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22543

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22540