PDA

View Full Version : NAV SYSTEM - HK/Radio dead?

03BMW330
11-22-2003, 05:46 PM
I have Nav and its 330i 02/03-production date.
I canít turn on my radio by pushing knob in and my BT phone (doesnít need radio to be on in order to hear it on the speakers) doesnít work either.:cry::cry:
Has this happened to anyone before???:dunno:

Terry Kennedy
11-22-2003, 06:11 PM
I have Nav and its 330i 02/03-production date.
I canít turn on my radio by pushing knob in and my BT phone (doesnít need radio to be on in order to hear it on the speakers) doesnít work either.:cry::cry:
Has this happened to anyone before???:dunno:I once had my car (09/02 production date) decide it didn't have any A/V components - none of the buttons on the NAV/steering wheel would do anything. A brief disconnect and reconnect of the battery fixed it. Note that your NAV will need to re-compute where it is before you get accurate map data after a battery disconnection, you may get ABS/DSC/Brake warning lights until you move the car about 100 feet (happens on xi's, not sure about RWD-only models), and you lose your cumulative speed/fuel economy numbers from the on-board computer.

If this happened to me more than once, I would have figured out which fuse(s) I needed to pull so I didn't have to disconnect the battery.

03BMW330
11-22-2003, 07:30 PM
If this happened to me more than once, I would have figured out which fuse(s) I needed to pull so I didn't have to disconnect the battery.

That did it!!! (Fuse #41)
Thanks
Battery disconnect was my next move but getting to it itís little bit more that I wanted to do tonight.
What would cause this to happen? German gremlins!!
P.S I never thought I will miss radio that much btw I often drive with out it so I can listen to the beast.

Terry Kennedy
11-22-2003, 08:06 PM
That did it!!! (Fuse #41)
ThanksGlad to be of assistance.
What would cause this to happen? German gremlins!!Yup, the famous GEGs (German Electrical Gremlins).