PDA

View Full Version : Popped out of 1st gear!

robj213
11-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Ok here is what happened. I haven't driven the car for about a week, and today I started it up, wait till the rev's to drop to idle before I drive it. So here I go, push the parking break down, shift into 1st gear and start to engage the clutch. Now the weird part, the car feels like its stuck! I checked to make sure the parking brake is down but that didn't do anything, so I stepped out the car to check if anything is infront of the wheels - nothing! So I try again, this time giving it more gas and than POP!! I hear this loud popping sound and the shifter popped out of 1st gear by itself!!

Anybody know what caused this???? The car drove fine, I went out for a lil drive and all gears felt normal.

Artslinger
11-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Your parking brake may have rusted in place. If so no big deal. You may want to drag the hand brake slightly in a parking lot to clean the rust off the parking brake.

robj213
11-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Hmm that sounds a lot better than a potential transmission problem. My car will be 1 year old soon and a couple weird problems has popped up recently :eeps: . I'll cross my fingers!

BMWNA
12-08-2003, 08:30 AM
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read about this problem with your 325i. If you want our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117, and mention Reference #1-126693449 so that we can help you more efficiently.