PDA

View Full Version : New 6 Series Convertible (F13) With the Top DROPPED

tim330i
05-27-2010, 08:43 AM
We've been seeing plenty of 6 series convertibles running around in the well known swirl paint but we've never seen the lines of the convertible with the top down until now. The lines of the big vert look great, very long low and sleek for a car of its size. Take note of the multiple panels that make up the trunk lid, probably to offer easy access to the trunk with the roof folded. Just hope all those seams in the trunk don't show up and ruin what is going to be a clean lined car otherwise.

Look for the 6er to have power options similar to the F10 5 Series and there are even rumors of a diesel, but we'll see if that make it state side.

The release date is still up in the air but as Munich starts revealing more and more of the car the closer we get to launch based on this car still being fully clad in swirls I would say its another 6 months out.

All in all the lines of this car look great, what do you think?

Killjoy
05-27-2010, 01:27 PM
hard for me to tell, those swirls make my vision screwy.

EdCT
05-27-2010, 09:28 PM
The seams indicate a folding hardtop, too bad (IMO).

I'll withhold final judgment for the road-going version, but in these views, the car doesn't have a lot of road presence - perhaps it's the small-ish wheels for a car this size, but it looks a lot like a 3.

Ed

TopDownInFL
07-04-2010, 06:21 PM
One of the latest rumors is a hardtop as an option. I've seen both the soft top swirl car and what appears to be a hardtop (split into three sections) convertible as well.

It would make sense as an option, so as to not anger 2010 MY buyers whose soft tops suddenly devaule tremendously.

voltigeur
07-19-2010, 11:15 AM
hard for me to tell, those swirls make my vision screwy.

In other words, they achieve the desired effect. :bigpimp:

Reminds me of some WW I naval camo ...

FrankAZ
07-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I know we're all petrol-heads here and our heads would spin off their moorings if we saw such a car on our local streets. BUT: I can't believe how blase the passers-by in the pictures are. No one - no one - is paying the slightest attention to a garishly wrapped car right there in front of them. It's the same with other spy shots of cars on public roads - no one pays the slightest attention to them apart from the automotive paparazzi.

Is there a town somewhere where all the mules get driven so that the locals are just tired of the whole thing?

Is the town painted in similarly garish schemes so that from most angles the cars just blend into the surroundings?

Is there a town entirely populated by friends of my mother-in-law, none of whom exhibit the slightest interest in cars to the point of not really being sure what it is they they own themselves?

Frank.

TopDownInFL
07-19-2010, 08:18 PM
I suspect just outside the plant in Germany, it's exactly as you described. They've seen in like a thousand times...